Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,271   Online: 818

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    The 420mm Apo Nikkor will also cover. It's usually cheaper as most people don't know it covers 8x20. It is possible to put it into an Ilex 5 shutter if you don't want to use your hat.

I use the 600 Apo Ronar. Very sharp high contrast lens. My 300mm lens is the 12" Metrogon. While it gives nice images, it's heavier than hell so I don't think you should go there. I had to structurally beef up my 2D conversion so it wouldn't dform under the weight.

It can be done, but HP5 can be difficult to get a high dynamic range with. FP4 is more receptive but it is slower.

Your camera looks great. Good luck with it.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Jarosz View Post
    The 420mm Apo Nikkor will also cover. It's usually cheaper as most people don't know it covers 8x20. It is possible to put it into an Ilex 5 shutter if you don't want to use your hat.

I use the 600 Apo Ronar. Very sharp high contrast lens. My 300mm lens is the 12" Metrogon. While it gives nice images, it's heavier than hell so I don't think you should go there. I had to structurally beef up my 2D conversion so it wouldn't dform under the weight.

It can be done, but HP5 can be difficult to get a high dynamic range with. FP4 is more receptive but it is slower.

Your camera looks great. Good luck with it.

John
    Ditto what John says about HP5. We are waiting for a special order of Efke 25 in 11x14. Slow film but it is a great emulsion.

Don't forget to consider a Packard shutter for some barrel lenses that you may come across. These shutters are being manufactured in California and they have a web site. I recently acquired a 610 f9 Nikkor in barrel and set up a Packard for it that works just great. Big lens but you have a big camera.

We hope to also do a Special Order for T Max 400 in 11x14 soon.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I forgot to add that a 24" Red Dot is a great lens to have for this format. If you can find a 21 1/4" Ilex or Kodak anastigmat lens they will give you coverage galore and are nice and sharp and contrasty.

Michael, I can't wait for our order of Efke 25 to come in. I just wish I'd have ordered more!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

jp80874, Are there any differences between the gold rim and gold dot Dagor?

I'm looking forward to order the Efke 25 and TMY.

Is there any limitation to the lens choice (the bellow extension is 30.5 inch.)? I heard that you are looking for the 1:1 for the head and shoulder shot. So the G-Claron 355mm should fit it?

Red Dot Apochromat Artar (no brand indicate), Schneider 480mm f/11 APO-Artar, Goerz Red Dot Artar: Are they the same lens?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The Artars I have are Goerz. I'm not sure how they stack up to the Schneider.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TN98 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

jp80874, Are there any differences between the gold rim and gold dot Dagor?

?
    The stories printed here and on the LF Forum indicate that the gold rim was a marketing ploy used when they ran out of paint for the normal rim. Supposedly there is no difference between regular and gold rim.

I can not speak to the gold dot, but I am sure some one else will explain.

There are many Dagor variations. Stories again say to avoid the Berlin Dagors. Search here and LF forum for details.

John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin