Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,332   Posts: 1,537,374   Online: 1107

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Some new Glass for the 14x17!

In addition to the 19 and 24" Artars I have for the 14x17 I just picked up today a 16x13 E. Suter Basel Aplanat B #6 with one waterhouse stop. I also have a like new blue coated Ilex 375mm F-7 lens that looks very sharp on the ground glass. Going to use them this weekend in Joshua Tree.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E.-Suter-Basil-2nd-close-up.jpg   E.-Suter-Basil-13x16.jpg   E.-Suter-Basil-full-length.jpg   ilex-475mm-lens.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent! I can't wait to see your creation and hopefully prints you'll make with them. Sorry I missed your show in OC - a couple of friends convinced me to go to Death Valley that weekend.
    “I drank what?” - Socrates

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    A beaut! Have fun with it!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I'll be sure to post some images taken with these lenses both on the 14x17 and the 8x10. I made a reducing board for the 14x17 and mounted these lenses on my Seneca Boards so I can use them on the 8x10, 11x14 and 14x17.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Curious, too. Greetings from Basel. The house Emil Suter lived in is still standing.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Not surprised that the house is still standing. There were several old homes in Davos that were very well maintained when I lived there many, many winters ago. He made beautiful lenses with great coverage.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin