Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,968   Online: 924

Shooter
    35mm

Darkroom for Rent?

I'm new to Albuquerque. Used to spent my time and money at the Denver Darkroom in Denver. Can't seem to find a similar pay-as-you-go darkroom in Albuquerque or Santa Fe. I'm up near the Tram in Albuquerque and can get to Santa Fe easily. Any ideas?
    Jerrie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Jerrie, nice to see you here!

I hope someone can help you out with your darkroom needs. We miss you here in Denver!

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From DEX:

Mark E Owen Photography
    Color darkroom rental
    Hourly rentals by appointment
    Custom printing
    Art reproduction
    (505)266-7072
    Located in the Nob Hill shopping district

Before I built my darkroom a few years ago, I rented from a place located on Elm right next to I-25 in a brick building. I think they were called Central Photographic, but I don't seem to find them in the Yellow Pages anymore. Hopefully the Mark Owen place above has what you're looking for.

Have you considered building your own darkroom? With current prices on used equipment, one can build a complete darkroom for very little money.
    Jacob

Shooter
    35mm

Thanks for tip

I'll check out Owen and Central--someone else mentioned that one, but a phone number is a problem. I had someone give me the equipment for a darkroom--but I only have a garage as a possible site (no heat, no cooling, and dust). However, I may have to go that route.
    Jerrie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Google turns up an address and phone number for Central Photo, although I don't know if the info is valid anymore:

109 Elm Street SE, 87102
    (505)242-4877

If the business is still around, I can vouch for the darkrooms as being very clean with fresh chemicals for each renter.

For what it's worth, both of my darkrooms have been in garages. The first was a 1-car setup. I sealed the door and had a dividing wall installed, giving me a 10x10 darkroom and my wife a 10x10 laundry room. Heating the room with an oil radiator was fast, and there was never any dust. My new garage is a 3-car, completely open setup. I print at night. Warming up the space was a problem last winter, which was the only real bummer about the setup. Perhaps I'll invest in a rotary processor and keep it inside the house next winter. I don't mind enlarging in the cold, but my trays cooled down very quickly.
    Jacob

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Central Photographic

Central photo was owned by Steve Donahue, a really good guy. A year or two back he was moving into a new space and was looking for people to rent space there.

You might find him at (505) 266-3954

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks again. I just had water plumbed to the garage and Monday I'll try the phone numbers. One way or another I'll get that chemical smell on my clothes once again!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin