Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,376   Online: 976

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images

What & where to photograph in Denmark?

First of all I apologize for posting in English, but I don't know any Danish. And this "Scandinavia" group is the closest thing for me to ask people who like to photograph and might know Denmark and its sights (to photograph).
    I've never been to Denmark myself, but we're thinking of going there for our holidays (summer 2014). Hence my question: what are the sights and places to be in Denmark to take some nice photographs? I'm thinking about landscapes, towns, seascape, but anything goes ... Surprise me please. It will help us to decide where to stay in Denmark for the holidays with the family (and where to look for a nice small hotel or something).

Thanks, Bert from Holland
    http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Lots of places, but I am biased to the north of Denmark (I live here...).

The west coast of Northern Jutland is "the end of the world" - we have the rough sea side with the famous Rubjerg Knude light house that is now almost buried in sand... (bad place to place it...)

A little further North, you can find on of the largest moving sand dunes in Europe... Who needs to go to Sahara when you can come up there? (it moves about 20 meters from west towards east every year...)

Further up - as far as you can come - we have "grenen" (the Branch) where two seas meet - it is an amazing place to be.. the Furthest North you can come in Europe Mainland...

Just before you come all the up here - before Aalborg, there's the biggest forrest in Denmark "Rold" forrest. In there there's my all tim efavourite place: the "Forrest of Trolds" - where all the beach trees are curved and twisted - and left to nature.... Amazing place (Next to it there's a fantastic hotel called Rold Storkro (Rold big Inn) where you get all you need - and can walk right in to the forrest...

Finally - if you chose, you will come and visit me...

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Gandolfi,
    I would love to visit you. I'll PM you. I hope it is doable (without deserting my family too much). My wife is also looking at the island of Als (south-east of Denmark). It might be too far to drive to you from there if you're up north?
    Do you know this island?
    Thanks,
    Bert
    Bert from Holland

* My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    PM'd you back, but forgot the map...

here it is..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails danmark.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Bert

The distance in Denmark aren't that great. A route could be Als as first the the ferry to Fyn (Fynshav-Bøjden) then a turn to Odense back acros the old lillebælt bridge and then the road up in the middle of Jutland then you cross the large forest around Silkeborg and the lakes there and Rold the head for the top of Jutland ( Grenen) on the way back a visit to Bulbjerg ( the only bird mountain in Denmark)
    You're welcome to stop by for a cup of coffee and a talk, on the way, I'm located almost in the middle of Jutland 20km NW from Vejle.

Jesper

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For a holiday I'd recommend North of Jutland. Hire a summerhouse for a week in or near Aalbaek, visit Randers Regnskov on the way up and perhaps Legoland on the way home(just like 100.000 others). When there you can go to Skagen, The northsee oceanarium in Hirtshals and see the westcoast and the land just behind where you should find plenty of good scenery. Another possibility far east is Bornholm in the Baltic. It is very expensive to get there but you get to see a very versatile nature with sandy beaches to the South, woodland, rocky shores, Castle ruins and villages etc.
    If going to Sjaelland you get the possibility to see Moens klint on Moen just South of Sjaelland. Copenhagen offcource has Amalienborg and Helsingoer Kronborg. The northcoast long sandy beaches, harbours and some rough nature (although not as rough as Jutlands westcoast)
    We have plenty of Towns and villages with small harbours all around the country, nice nature and some scenery though youll find most ruined b powerlines and Westas/Siemens windmils.
    Best regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Jesper and Soeren,
    I'll feed all the info to the family and mark all the sights/areas on a map. I can't wait to see were we'll be going this summer ....

The other problem is to decide to bring what cameras, lenses and film.
    At least one good pinhole camera, but the rest??

Thanks for all the tips.

Bert from Holland
    http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    Bert from Holland

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you have a nikon smaller than the F4 Id bring that and a couple of lenses. You seem to have some good rf's and the rolleiflex that would be tempting too.
    Best regards

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BTW you will probably find the south of jutland very flat
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    BTW you will probably find the south of jutland very flat
    but not as flat as up here....

We have a small town with three bumps on the road thereto: it is called "Bjergby" (Mountain city")!!!

on the positive side: it is wild!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin