Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,805   Online: 680

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hm. I've got a thought. If we call it polar (or something) we don't exclude finns. Also, there are a lot of people in Greenland and some in Iceland that know how to read either Danish or Norwegian. Is Greenland considered part of Scandinavia? Finland and Iceland aren't. I'm not sure if it's such a good idea to exclude them.

Hmmm APUG Norden. Norden APUG. NAPUG. Northern APUG. Arctic APUG. APUG Arctic/APUGA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ole, I would love to help out moderating the Scandinavian forums, but I don't know the photography terminology in other languages than English since I didn't pick up photography seriously until I moved to the US seven years ago. I simply wouldn't be of much help.
    - Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about the APUG Vikings Perhaps only for the Norwegians and the Danes?
    One language would do i think.

jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Swedes went a-viking too, just in the opposite direction :-)

I vote for a single, multilingual forum called simply the "Nordic Forum". If traffic grows to unmanageable size it can be split further thereafter.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    OK the 4 subforums was a provokation :-))

I agree with Trond

erik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hartmann View Post
    OK the 4 subforums was a provokation :-))

I agree with Trond

erik
    And I was just about to .......

But the subforums that Ole suggested plus locations as Søren said would be a nice start. And another one could be analoge photo supplies in Scandinavia, called photoshop (pun intended) if not covered by Ole's groups.
    Morten :-)

"Please ! Bring me into the company of those who seek the truth, and deliver me from those who have found it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with Morten.
    And I can assist Ole too if needed.
    Kind regards
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Et skandinavisk-forum må siges at være en god ide, jeg er med hvis vi må skrive på dansk

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi - not a bad idea to create a local APUG forum (Scandinavia/Norden whatever) - but there certainly is a language barrier between us Finns and the Danish/Swedish/Norwegian people.

Besides that, we already have quite a lively and knowledgeable Finnish-speaking photo forum at http://www.kameralaukku.com although much of the discussion is about digital technology there.

Jukka

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Jukka: The languege barrier is definately part of the problem, and the scandinavian/nordic/whatever forum could address just that. For those of the community who have a hard time reading and writing English. I don't think any of the participants want to exclude anyone from the subforum, but I do feel strongly for using Scandinavian langueges in the posts there for the above reason. I've voiced inclusion of Finns and Icelanders, because Finland and Iceland have many people who speaks one of the Scandinavian langueges.

So... Two good reasons for a subforum.
    1) Geographical concerns/advice/community building
    2) Inclusion of users who aren't overly adept at reading and writing English, but have a fairly good grasp of Danish, Swedish or Norwegian.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin