Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,323   Online: 1068

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Rather use them than splitting Apug more. And by this weakening its appearance.
    This is a little bit strange, why should the Apug be weakened if there would be a german group at the apug? And the apug wouldn't be splitted if there would be one group more. The apug would be stronger because more people would join the apug and then even more people would post in the english speaking forums.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    tef, there ARE reasons why german forum members are looking for an alternative to the existing german forums.

There will be no weakening if we can speak in different languages here including german and ask our questions in different cultures even.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I fear (a big word) that regional subgroups would not only discuss very local topics, which would be ok, but also would keep themselves off the `major´ group making a parallel forum.

The appearance of Apug, as I put it, could be changed in a way that it rather becomes a bundle of groups doing their own discussions. Instead of what it currently is: a Forum of people from all (read: many) parts of the world bringing in their different expertise an curiosity on different topics.

Tef,

There is that language barrier, and a subgroup of its own language would not neccessarily make members of that group post in English. Rather the opposite.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I fear (a big word) that regional subgroups would not only discuss very local topics, which would be ok, but also would keep themselves off the `major´ group making a parallel forum.
    Why should they do so? I myself would in fact post in two or more languages to discuss about the same thing and get different points of view from different countries and cultures.

The appearance of Apug, as I put it, could be changed in a way that it rather becomes a bundle of groups doing their own discussions. Instead of what it currently is: a Forum of people from all (read: many) parts of the world bringing in their different expertise an curiosity on different topics.
    Am I the only one who finds that there is no reason for your Apugophobia? Do you really believe that all these forum members that don't speak a word of german/french/dutch/sanskrit or whatever would suddenly jump into the "local" german forum, lock the door and throw away the key?

There is that language barrier, and a subgroup of its own language would not neccessarily make members of that group post in English. Rather the opposite.
    As I said, many people will post in different languages. If they speak that language. "US domination" that you dislike will keep the english language forum alive.

Look at the small Leica forum:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/

German and english in one forum, and it works fine though it is a very small forum only.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am against this.

There are some german language forums dedicated only to analogue photography. Why weaken them by offering a competing german group here ?

www.aphog.de
    www.phototec.de
    www.hobbyphoto-forum.de

-----------

Ich bin dagegen.

Es gibt einige deutsche Foren die sich ausschließlich mit analoger Fotografie beschäftigen. Warum sollte man diese Schwächen indem man ein deutsches Konkurrenzforum hier eröffnet?

---------
    Gerd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nonetheless I got my difficulties with the current Apug due to the US-dominance.
    There's not much that we can about that--we're simply a big country with a large population. It's inevitable that there will be a lot of Americans on APUG.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerd Orfey View Post
    There are some german language forums dedicated only to analogue photography. Why weaken them by offering a competing german group here ?
    Ok, without being all that familiar with the German forums you mention, I believe that is a valid point.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    "US domination" that you dislike will keep the english language forum alive.
    That's the point.
    Not the US-thing, but that a forum will be formed for native English speakers and many subforums in other languages. I would like to have all expertise `available´ at one language. And I guess many people just visiting Apug (whatever their native language is) find that attractive too.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Da kann ich nur sagen: bin dabei. Die Unkenrufe, daß man so die deutschen Foren schwächen würde, mußten wohl sein.

Der Zustand des einen oder anderen Forums ist bedauernswert, in einem passiert nichts mehr, in einem wenig und in einem anderen wird nur noch gestritten, und die Moderatoren schließen ein Thema nach dem anderen, nachdem sie vorher erst noch mit gestritten und aufgehetzt haben.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bin auf jeden fall dabei. Hier gibt es schon die moeglichkeit fuer andere Sprachen, Franzoesisch, usw... warum auch nicht Deutsch?
    Great idea. There are already other languages on APUG.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin