Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,376   Online: 966
      
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 84
  1. #21
    cmo
    cmo is offline
    cmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    1,457
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    That's the point.
    Not the US-thing, but that a forum will be formed for native English speakers and many subforums in other languages. I would like to have all expertise `available´ at one language. And I guess many people just visiting Apug (whatever their native language is) find that attractive too.
    I second Klopstock's opinion describing some german forums, I think I know about these...

    And I want to add one thing:

    One german forum - don't ask for names - has lost its credibility by moderators pushing one manufacturer's products too obviously - don't ask for names -, the mods bully critics, agitate against everyone who does not share their opinions.

    This forum here is much more civilized, with a focus on helpful answers, with much more tolerance.

    That's why I like APUG.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    531
    Images
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    This forum here is much more civilized, with a focus on helpful answers, with much more tolerance.
    But it is not so in itself. I fear, we germans have a typical culture of discourse which we will, as a whole, carry with us wherever we go. The "english" forums may be more civilized as they are affected by a more anglo-saxon serenity which rubbs off even to germans. Make a german forum inside apug and you will have the same bickering as in a certain german forum right now.
    A german forum in apug will not make our style of discussion more civilized we can only learn to civilize ourself wherever we are. We should try that in that certain german forum. It's worth it.

    just my 2¢

    Ulrich

    PS: leo.org did help in writing this in english

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    531
    Images
    133
    sorry, mistakenly posted

  4. #24
    cmo
    cmo is offline
    cmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    1,457
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulrich Drolshagen View Post
    But it is not so in itself. I fear, we germans have a typical culture of discourse which we will, as a whole, carry with us wherever we go. The "english" forums may be more civilized as they are affected by a more anglo-saxon serenity which rubbs off even to germans. Make a german forum inside apug and you will have the same bickering as in a certain german forum right now.
    A german forum in apug will not make our style of discussion more civilized we can only learn to civilize ourself wherever we are. We should try that in that certain german forum. It's worth it.

    just my 2¢

    Ulrich

    PS: leo.org did help in writing this in english
    As I wrote before, it is not only a matter of users but also of moderators. There are forum rambos in all languages, but a good moderator tames them.

    Well, and I know one forum where the opposite is done. Sometimes it's not the guests but the pub owner that fails.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    13
    No Ulrich, I don't think so. This doesn't have anything to do with german mentality and cmo said the truth when he said:Sometimes it's not the guests but the pub owner that fails.

  6. #26
    ath
    ath is offline
    ath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    890
    I support this idea.
    Regards,
    Andreas

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    531
    Images
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    As I wrote before, it is not only a matter of users but also of moderators. There are forum rambos in all languages, but a good moderator tames them.

    Well, and I know one forum where the opposite is done. Sometimes it's not the guests but the pub owner that fails.
    May be. But besides a regrettable bias towards a certain member with commercial interests I see much helplessness in keeping chequered discussions from getting personal. To cool down before this happens I see in the responsibility of all members. I think this discussion does not belong to this place. I will not take this any further.

    Ulrich

  8. #28

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Switzerland
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    5
    Why do we not use the APUG and the smaller but even fine APHOG (www.aphog.de) ?

  9. #29
    Ole
    Ole is offline
    Ole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    9,282
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    31
    It seems that some members here have "issues" with APHOG, and that should be the end of that discussion.

    As to moderation of a Deutschsprachiger Unterforum - I believe I could handle that with a little help from everybody. I read German well enough, until you get too personal and colloquial. At that point I am certain that someone will alert me to what I've missed, so that I can see if I would want to take further measures.


    So if the consensus is that the moderation here on APUG functions tolerably well, there is no reason to suppose that it will be otherwise in a German subforum.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

  10. #30
    cmo
    cmo is offline
    cmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    1,457
    Images
    57
    Ole, let's do it - and tusen takk!



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin