Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,736   Online: 916

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast
    cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

German language group, in german language?

Hi,

APUG.ORG has forums in english, french and dutch language.

Who is interested in creating a group in german language for members from Germany, Austria and Switzerland??

---

Hi,

APUG.ORG hat englische, französische und holländische Foren.

Wer hat Interesse an einer Gruppe in deutscher Sprache für Forenten in Deutschland. Österreich und der Schweiz?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Finde ich auch langsam überfällig.

Obwohl, es gibt ja auch noch aphog.de...
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    I would stop by in the German sub forums from time to time. But what I like about APUG is, that it is international. That means that you reach far more people in the English part of APUG. If it is just about talking traditional photography in German, then there are already some forums in German outside of APUG (mono gave an example). My point: For me, a single tiny sub forum to talk about German/Austria/Switzerland related topics like get-togethers or the like would be enough and even using German to talk about get-togethers may keep away people not speaking German, who would otherwise join such a meeting. To lock those people out would be a pity.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Oh well, maybe I understood your post totally wrong and you talked about one of those "social groups". Such a group might be pretty easy to install - not that I ever tried it There is already a very engaged Scandinavian group. Why not have a German group too.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi!

Ja das ist überfällig. A group in german language ist a very good idea. There are many analog photographers in german speaking countries and regions and for the traditional Photography Germany is one of the most important countries. The Apug is international and I find this very good. A german speaking forum shouldn't be a forum against the english forums but a forum in addition to the english speaking forums.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just to explain how the Scandinavian "forum" works:

There is a "Social Group", which is linked to the "Regional Forum". We don't have a full forum like French and Dutch, just the "regional focus group".

It's useful in that it allows us to write in our own language - sometimes it's easier to get an idea across in one's own language. Then, if the question isn't answered, someone will help translate it to English and put it in the international forum.

Let's face it: We are not all perfect in English.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes that's true!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree that the Scandinavian ”Forum” works quite well, and it might be a good solution for a German language “Forum”

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't favour a German language group (forum?) at all.

Apug to me is an international forum yielding views, concepts etc. much more divergent than a regional forum could offer. And a German language based forum will be something regional in this meaning, to my understanding.

Nonetheless I got my difficulties with the current Apug due to the US-dominance. But let's rather bring in other aspects than segregate.
    Yes, there is that language problem. Something giving me a daily headache. But that's the price for the benefit of an international forum.

For those who want to regionalize (proper English?), there are German language forums already (eg. `aphog.de´). Rather use them than splitting Apug more. And by this weakening its appearance.

I must admit though that I'm not that consistant in my very own behaviour as sometimes you will find me in the Dutch language forum posting in Dutch...
    However, to my understanding there is no similar Dutch forum outside Apug.

Following this argumentation one could see Apug as a base for those regions where a local forum could not be established. But then again that would weaken the Apug appearance.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Eine Gruppe in der Deutschen Sprache wird mir mein Schuldeutsch üben erlauben.
    Last edited by Anscojohn; 10-06-2008 at 05:47 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin