Belgium / 19-20 september 2009 / exhibition: Closer / Plus près / Dichterbij
Photo exhibition : Charles Lemaire / analog photography (B&W and color)
Closer / Plus près / Dichterbij
59 rue de Corsal / Cortil Noirmont (1450-B) / Belgium
19 & 20 September 2009
Saturday 14:00 to 18:00, Sunday 10:00 to 18:00
In the context of the 11th “promenade des Artistes” in Chastre
After « Quadrilles, pentagrammes, neuvaine » in 2005, « Green, vert, groen » in 2007 and « USA² » in 2008, Charles Lemaire presents on September 19 and 20, 2009 his contemporary approach of portrait under the title « Closer, plus près, dichterbij ».
Far away from the classic portrait, that got its beauty and solemnity by freezing the model. Its as close as possible, in a sort of close combat, that these visions are captured. Fragmented and partials, that could leave the illusion of knowing the thing and it’s truth, while the other is at best familiar.
On the same day and place, Françoise Racquez will show her pictures while, in other parts of the village these of Jean-Marie and Bertrand Vandeloise, Henry Brousmiche, Michel Salberter and Hervé Champagne will be visible.
Updates, previews and details will be published on http://biloko.blogspot.com
People willing to get updates by email should send an email with title <SUBSCRIBE> to email@example.com
- Françoise Racquez - got 2 pictures nominated by the province for the 2008 art price
- Jean-Marie Vandeloise - Totems / Jean-Marie is the owner of the Achromatic b&w lab and a very fine photographer
- Bertrand Vandeloise - recent works from Morocco, Ardens and other
- Henry Brousmiche - specialist of the nature in Ethiopia... but not limited to nature photography. Henry is a specialist in large format photography printing (my own USA² exhibition was printed by his Adventures-Sign company)
- Gilles Lambert
- Michel Salberter - showing a series of Water towers, inspired by Bernd and Hira Berscher... but taking over the tradition with colour photography
- Herve Champagne
The exhibition is over. People interested can have a look at this PDF.