Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,667   Posts: 1,481,714   Online: 792

Shooter
    Instant Films

120 tri-x availability in Spain?

Hi Apugers, I'm planning a trip to lovely Spain in September. Will I be able to find 120 Tri-X in the major cities? Or must I bring my own? And about what does it cost per roll there?

many thanks
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    35mm
    As far I know. Ilford and Fuji are the easiest to find. Good kodak stuff is hard to find. I've looked at Casanova's foto page, and they only list TriX in 35mm, about 4.5€ per roll. That's for Barcelona.
    There's also Arpi, but I don't know anything about them. Their site has been down for months, but I suppose that they are still in business.
    There's a store, near the canaletas fountain. You will see it easily. Full of kodak stuff. I never been into there, but from outside I could see lots of yellow boxes. Don't know about the stuff, it must be all consumer. "Digital solutions", it says there. So I doubt very much if they have TriX, specially in 120.
    I don't know about other cities; Madrid, Valencia, and others. In Madrid you should be possible to find anyone who sells TX in 120 rolls; but don't know.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I hope it is not too late. It would be very useful to know where you will move around, which cities you will visit, etc.

I only know in Madrid, Fotocasión (www.fotocasion.es) and in Bilbao (www.fotosamar.es). None of them show film in their catalogues but they have it. I know for sure that Foto Samar has Tri-X.

Anyway, have luck and welcome to Spain.

Cheers
    Last edited by goros; 08-30-2009 at 04:59 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: wrong links
    Alfonso

Shooter
    35mm
    In madrid Fotocasión definataly has it since i bought a roll there last week, for about 3.5€.
    However, outside major cities the trouble is going to be FINDING small photography stores that will have it. If i were you and unless you're plannning to shoot more than its convenient to carry (50 rolls of 120 doesn't take all that much space up in a suitcase) i would definately bring my own stash. There sure as heck ain't gonna be any price advantages, specially with the wonderful 1.50 exchange rate...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin