Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,698   Posts: 1,549,101   Online: 1111

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Where to buy film in Kiev?

Hi,

I will be spending a week in Kiev, and would like to buy some Provia 400x, 3200 speed b&w and maybe other films as well. I wonder if any of you know where to go.

What are the approximate prices? I usually buy such film in Moscow, where it is almost half the price than in Sweden, where I live. It would be good to find similar prices in Kiev.

thanks!
    best
    Erik

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are just a few shops in Kiev where they sell films, and they are quite expensive i should say (i don't know how expensive are they compared to Sweden).

Check out Fotofond http://www.fotofond.com.ua/index.php?categoryID=473 There's also Exar, but the've got a crappy website (no prices there), as i remember films are more expensive there compared to Fotofond.

There are also people selling films on forums(films are supposedly cheaper), but i assume you should know russian for it)) here's the link to the forum http://forum.foto.ua/forumdisplay.ph...B0%D0%BB%D1%8B
    take a look at it, most people leave their emails, so you could write to them in advance and take a chance

1$ ~ 8 hrn
    1€ ~ 11 hrn

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks,

I think I´ll try Fotofond. It appears that the prices in Kiev are comparable to those in Moscow.

Thanks for the link to the forum as well. As I will work a lot, there will be little time to meet with sellers, but maybe next time

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Good resource for films in Kyiv

I'm in Kyiv again, and I found a good store for films Foto Masterskoe on Ulitsa Gorkovo 4/6 (Gorkovo Street 4/6). They even have Neopan 1600, Portra 800, and other stuff that you have to struggle to find in Sweden.

They also have a photo club in the basement. I will spend the evening there in the darkroom. Cool place!

/Erik

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Erik -- Does Foto Masterskoe sell any equipment? Russian lenses, etc?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    No I don't think so.
    You might want to check Exar Foto Tsentr on Chervonoarmiiska ulitsa 112, I saw a number of old cameras there when I was visiting Kyiv in April.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin