Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,850   Online: 945

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Basel, Switzerland

It looks like I'll be moving to Basel for a while. Are there any APUGgers there? And can anyone recommend a good lab which can process/scan roll and sheet film?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Zurich's only an hour trainride away, and Photostudio13 http://www.studio13.ch did a great job with all my E6 120 film a couple of years ago...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks Marc. Another question I forgot... Does anyone know of any studio space in the neighbourhood? Preferably not ruinously expensive!

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are one or two local places that will develop 120, but more recently I've found it considerably cheaper and just as quick to post my film to Bildwerk Bern: http://www.bildwerk-bern.ch/angebot/...twicklung.html with good results.

No idea about studio space.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello, I live in Basel.

Send me a PM, I have time saturdays.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Ian and Europan,

I am also in Basel but dont have time on Saturdays, but PM me as I do have some time during the working day and work in town.

For 120 processing, I usually send back to the UK.

35mm prints and E6, Lörrach and Weil have a shop (Stober) which will handle these for you. CH has always been very expensive when I tried getting D&P done here.

As for studios - I am also looking and will let you know what I find.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Leake View Post
    Thanks Marc. Another question I forgot... Does anyone know of any studio space in the neighbourhood? Preferably not ruinously expensive!
    I've spent plenty of time in Switzerland (dad was born there, and I have a lot of cousins there), and one thing I will say about it... nothing's cheap, that's for sure!! Still, Basel is a cool little city, has this marvelous contemporary art museum, and a quick ride to Zuerich, a fave city of mine.

Good luck with your move, Ian.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Don't miss visiting Bern as long as you are in Switzerland. And the lakes around Interlaken. And Lago Maggiore. And, and, and...

An appetizer for Bern:

The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. It's been a fairly frantic few weeks so apologies for going quiet.

zeta3 - you sure are right about the costs of process and print here. I was charged CHF 123 (about $130) for two rolls of 35mm FP4+. It would be cheaper for me to fly home and post it to Ilford!

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Leake View Post
    I was charged CHF 123 (about $130) for two rolls of 35mm FP4+.
    *$£&*@ !

Where? Name and shame.

Developing should certainly be no more than about 7 or 8 francs a roll, less if you send it away. Unless you got some incredible prints you have been mightily ripped off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin