Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,629   Online: 974

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I recieved two minutes ago an email by the Maco Director, saying how can i even suggest that a leading order GERMAN company has made an error and if there is a problem contact to visa.
    I feel frustrated to deal with them, i'm done, but i will say thousand times here and everywhere: "MACO never again"
    Of course i'll try to deal now with visa and see if after a trillion on mails again can i get my money back.
    When they said analog is not easiest as digital i didnt know it was like this...
    Last edited by peri24; 04-19-2011 at 07:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    If they "charged" again that means you paid by credit card, in which case you can just instruct your credit card company (or bank) to deny the second payment and you can open a litigation for the first one explaining the situation, so that you are debited only the amount without VAT.
    thanks, i just did that.
    I've called visa, explained the situation, they did understand me, and offered me to cancel both payments!! i just canceled the first one that was with vat, the second came correctly so i leaved that.
    It's supposed to get fix in a week, but what a difference between companies, a 3 minute call and resolved it. That's what i call proper customer service.
    Last edited by peri24; 04-19-2011 at 08:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    didn't know that we have special vat free zone here in finland.
    Where's that secret place?

Anyway, macodirect has allways been fast and served well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ahvenanmaa / Åland? Not exactly VAT free but somehow different?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yes Åland, that's the reason why all ferries between finland-sweden that stop here got free-vat booze and cigarretes... like when one is flying to usa from europe that also get vat-free buying in the airport, so it's the same.
    and yes ndrs you are right it's not vat-free; but to make it easier for everyone let's say that. In fact being apart from euro economic zone means that i dont need to pay Vat that i will not use, because Åland is outside euro economic zone so i need to pay it here in customs (23%), and well that's only a huge mess when you need to buy anything from abroad and need to explain it every time, yes eurozone with the euro currency but not in the economic eurozone. That plus this is a small island you can't imagine how expensive is everything here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ahvenanmaa / Åland, yes. Didn't come to my mind at first, although I live quite near. I apology that.

I can think that it causes a lot of mess with smaller internet based shops, as they probably don't be aware of differencies.

However that doesn't explain why they don't refund.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ah, the second operation was without VAT, so I suppose they wanted to cancel the first debiting and then debit correctly without VAT. They managed to do the second, but did not perform the first correctly. Or maybe internally somebody thought that the first operation had been already cancelled and so debited a second time, without VAT.

Not that I am justifying them, it's really a bad professional performance anyway.

Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Usagi: we are almost neighbours... i'm sure i can even swim from here to turku... hahaha, totally offtopic: any good places in Turku to buy film or chemicals?

I just want to say that sometimes there are errors, sometimes things happen and they need to be fixed. There isn't any bombproof system that perfom flawlessly all the time. So, i'm not angry with that, in fact i understand it, they charge erroneously first time, then they charge again, so what? there has been a problem, let's all work to fix it. Easy as that.

What it drives me crazy is that they still denied there has been a problem now, it's a nonsense, they even said go and fix it yourself with visa because for us there is not a problem here.
    Seriously i have been shopping thru internet more than 12 years now, and this has been the worst shopping ever, the poorest customer service i've ever see, do you understand what is sending more than 10 emails reporting a problem and receiving the same answer every time?
    I understand that maybe to keep low prices in these times of crisis companies need to cut somewhere but man, cutting from customer service never, that's a sacred law from business heaven.
    Anyway, i hope next week its gonna be all fixed and i'll be doing some happing shooting around...

Shooter
    35mm
    Peri24 are you sure that the second charge was made by MacoDirect ? This could be the reason why they could not cancel the payment.
    Normally is Maco very very precise ... really german.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ciao Alessandro, welcome to Apug!! but i see this is your first post after six years!! so after all you have been here longer than everyone else!

Alessandro, in any moment i said in my posts that Maco tried to cancel a second payment...
    As far as i know they dont recognize there has been a problem.

Look, my bank say they charge two times, Visa say they charge two times, everyone say they charge two times but they still don't recognize it, and as you they claim to the very precise german way, well, germans ARE sometimes wrong, maybe less times than spaniards or italians, but even leicas break sometimes...

Someone dropping here could think i'm just lying and that i made up everything, so to prove to you Alessandro and everyone, here you have my bank statement, and then the two maco movements details, one with vat one without it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails maco-1_1.jpg   maco-1_2.jpg   maco-1_3.jpg  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin