Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,669   Posts: 1,481,757   Online: 935

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

ordering in macodirect.de

hi,
    I'm looking for people who have been shopping in www.macodirect.de WITHOUT VAT, because i would like to discuss how they put an order that must not be vat charged. Yes, i know, why don't ask them? because i did and after following their procedure my shopping has been a completely mess, they charge me vat and now doesn't want to listen that it has been an error and i need my vat money back. So before taking further steps, i would like to know how do you order without vat and compare it to what they said to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ordering without VAT is only possible OUTSIDE the European Union or if you have a valid VAT Number as company within the EU.

The fact you're located in Spain means you have to pay the German 19% VAT.
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have bought recently in macodirect, and they automatically count the cost without vat when you are registered and logged in (then they know shipping address). When you are not logged in, there are different prices (with VAT).

Shooter
    35mm
    I think that you will find that, for private buyers within the EC, e.g. to Spain, UK, etc., VAT will be (correctly) charged at the rate of the country of the seller, in this case Germany.

It's only exports outside of the EC, e.g. to US, where VAT is not charged.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    well, i understand now the problem, i bought some things in past with them with vat and without any problem at all. The mess now is that i moved to a special area in Finland where we don't take part in euro economic zone, to explain it easily, all stuff comes in here pay VAT, even if its coming from finland, so when putting post orders you need to ask without vat. I asked for that in Maco, and they said don't worry go on, the surprise now is they charge me VAT, of course when i'm logged in i still see prices with VAT, even in my orders history one can see i purchased with vat. I've been trying to explain to them that i was charged with vat, but man, i dont know how but they dont want to believe me, they just keep saying, no no, no way it was without vat, i mean, one can clearly see it in my order history it was with vat, they even try to blame my bank. I showed to them even my bank account with their charge.
    I guess its one of those times when everything it's just a mess, because Maco doesnt have bad reputation, but maybe the worst thing, is they just keep saying no no no, you are not right, and after a week trying to change their minds i feel quite desesperate, and of course dont like to be treated as a liar. Just sharing my experience here...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    this is gonna be the sickest thing ever
    i havent recieve my money back but they charge me again!!!
    i'm done with this people, the worst buying ever!!
    MACO NEVER AGAIN!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for letting us know anyway. I took good note.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    the worst part is that after lots of emails, they keep saying the same, i mean, is the same feeling that trying to talk with a petrol station machine or a answering machine. But today it's worst, because they charge me again, so at the end, i have paid twice the amount for an order.
    With these days of internet shopping i wonder if someone has encounter with similar situations, then maybe can give me a trick or two on how should i deal with these people.
    I've sent them my bank account with it clear state that i did two payments to them, i dont know what do they even think about of it, it's like No no no, it was just a payment and well charge.
    It's sad its very sad that companies like these treat their clients this way.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Talk to your bank to cancel the second payment.
    Threaten to do this with the first as well if Maco does not cooperate.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm
    If they "charged" again that means you paid by credit card, in which case you can just instruct your credit card company (or bank) to deny the second payment and you can open a litigation for the first one explaining the situation, so that you are debited only the amount without VAT.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin