Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,595   Posts: 1,622,357   Online: 879

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Everyone. I'm so befuddled. What happened to the 2 locations that were going to be opening community darkrooms in Baltimore? (Common Space and Brickhaus). Did they ever open, but fizzle out? Was there not enough support? Do they exist and the websites / contact information "hidden"? Did I miss the memo? I've always held on to this article hoping to take advantage of their facilities one day. http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertai...ry.html#page=1

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Amac- I never heard anything about either of those before. It's been a long time since I lived up there, so I'm a bit out of touch with the photo scene. Try giving the folks over at Service Photo in Hamden a call and see if they know anything. They might be selling supplies to those two darkrooms if they're up and running.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by amac212 View Post
    Hello Everyone. I'm so befuddled. What happened to the 2 locations that were going to be opening community darkrooms in Baltimore? (Common Space and Brickhaus). Did they ever open, but fizzle out? Was there not enough support? Do they exist and the websites / contact information "hidden"? Did I miss the memo? I've always held on to this article hoping to take advantage of their facilities one day. http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertai...ry.html#page=1

I know some people who were involved with Brickhaus over on Greenmount, I'm pretty sure that fizzled out, along with some of the other studio/DIY music/gallery venues that have made noise about community darkrooms over the years. Not sure if any of them ever got up and running- seems like I would have heard about it...

Please post here if anyone finds anything-

Meanwhile- I have been in the process of setting up my stuff in my basement (Besler 45MX) and should be up and running soon. I am in Hampden.

Even after the basement darkroom is set up and hopefully working fine it would still be awesome to find a community darkroom, esp. with color equipment.

Anyone know whats up with Full Circle on 21st street? Website still lists community darkroom….

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey 1920. I'm not sure about Full Circle and their community darkroom. I had some film developed there years ago, but that was my only interaction. If they still have it, its probably pay by the hour, like most community darkrooms.

Great to hear you've got a basement setup. One day I'll get there. are you working on any projects? What do you print?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin