Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,237   Online: 818

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Baltimore Area Darkroom Space

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently looking for a space to set up a darkroom. Unfortunately, it's just not possible in my home. I have all the equipment to get started, I just need the space. Minimum requirements are running water (connected to sewer, not well or septic), and some way to ventilate (such as a window to outside, which I can rig with a ventilation fan).

I'd be willing to pay rent for a space. Maybe you're an analog photographer too, and we can work out a deal.

Just something I've been trying to do for a while. Feel free to message me or post if there is any interest out there.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi there v11235 - I don't know if it is still around but there at least used to be a rental community darkroom in Hamden, if that helps. Also, have you seen the bathroom darkroom thread here? http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/4...darkrooms.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not exactly in Baltimore, but close enough for black & white work http://www.glenechophotoworks.org/

If the job change works out I will be in the Fort Meade area and I have a Jobo processor which can handle black & white and color processing from 35mm to 4"x5".
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    hi there v11235 - I don't know if it is still around but there at least used to be a rental community darkroom in Hamden, if that helps. Also, have you seen the bathroom darkroom thread here? http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/4...darkrooms.html
    Thanks for the link. I think that darkroom in Hamden closed 4 or 5 years ago, maybe more. I'll take a look at the bathroom setups that people have put together.

The classes near DC look interesting too. I'll check them out.

Thanks guys!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you come up with anything I might be interested in joining you and splitting fees depending on where and what.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by horacekenneth View Post
    If you come up with anything I might be interested in joining you and splitting fees depending on where and what.
    Sounds good. I'll keep you posted. Nothing quite yet.

What type of work do you do?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With my camera or for money?
    I've recently started doing contact prints from paper negatives with a 5x7 and been trying different things out. I had a couple landscapes, an architecture and some portraits that didn't turn out at all. I just had, I guess it would be called a detail of a landscape that turned out great. So I'll be trying more of that. Everything in black and white.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Full circle in charles village rents darkrooms by the hour. Great folks to deal with. There is also an impending community darkroom opening somewhere downtown. Feel free to pm me and I'll dig out the details.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Darkrooms in Baltimore: Full Circle in Charles Village.
    Great equipment and very inexpensive. Also on the horizon is a community darkroom at the Current Space on Howard. Find the darkroom link on the left and send your email. They will notify you of progress and impending events. Full Circle would be my first choice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very cool, thanks. Just signed up to Current Space's email list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin