Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,724   Online: 916

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Mid Atlantic APUG Group

We need one. NY and NE are to far north. What about getting a group set up for Philadelphia, DC, Baltimore, Richmond, Wilmington, De.?
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Why not have "rotating" meeting points; South Jersey, Wilmington, & Baltimore would be reasonable locations for us to periodically get together.

Flauvius / Drexel Hill, PA

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Very good idea. But I was refering to the community area of the website and having a regional group here on the site.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The area from Mount Holly, New Jersey through Baltimore pretty much covers the Mid-Atlantic section of the country.

Flauvius

wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Mid Atlantic group on the site would be wonderful. I'm in.
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would imagine it would be a tad damp...

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You Brits love the 'mid-atlantic' don't ya

That would be great. I also favor the idea of having rotating meeting points. Trenton, Philly, Wilmington, B-more are all in the area, and all have some great shooting areas and architecture.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Founders Meeting Place:

Given that the area from Trenton through Baltimore is proposed for the Mid-Atlantic regional group, and all these areas are readily accessible from interstates I-95 & I-295, I suggest that we have a founders' meeting off of I-295 in Woodbury, NJ. Woodbury is right off of I-295 and about half way between Trenton and Wilmington.

The location of the founders' meeting would be a dinner, either on Route 130 just north of Woodbury or in Woodbury. At such a meeting, people from all the areas from which our group would be composed would suggest appropriate dinners - or other locations - where we could periodically meet.

Lastly, I hope some thought will be given to include Lancaster and Harrisburg to our group as these areas through I-81 and Route 41 are readily accessible for meetings in the Wilmington and Baltimore areas.

Flauvius

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have created the regional group, can you guys supply a final description for it and I will update that for example "Philadelphia, DC, Baltimore, Richmond, Wilmington, De."

Thanks

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thank you, Sean. I would say southern New Jersey, Southeastern Pennsyvania, Maryland, Delaware and Eastern Virginia. (Trenton, NJ; Philadelphia, PA; Lancaster, PA; Baltimore, MD; Washington, D. C., Richmond, VA; Wilmington, DE; and the Delmarva Peninsula.) Just hit the highlights. Pretty much anything within 120 miles (190km) of Wilmington, DE. Thanks again, Sean.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin