Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,997   Online: 827

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the idea of a rotating meeting place but lets decicde on the first location and go from there. The first meeting I believe is an important one to get the momentum going.
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I vote for Balmer... I mean Baltimore. It's a great town, lots of cool stuff, and fun places to eat. We could do the Conservatory in Druid Hill Park, take a wander down through Bolton Hill and along Mount Royal Avenue, and end up around Mount Vernon where there are lots of places to eat or take in a cold one while sharing prints.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera
    I vote for Balmer
    That sounds like a winner to me. I haven't been to any of those places.

Chris

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Beer ? Balta-mo is my vote.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Baltimore would be ok with me.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Baltimore is 3 hours away (if traffic is good) so Baltimore or someplace south of Baltimore would be OK for this Richmonder.

Thanks for organizing this

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OK. Where in Balmah is there enough parking and little enough crime that we won't lose our wittle camuwahs? Just jokes. Where do we hitch up and meet? I live south of Dover De so anywhere is just about good enough for me.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sounds like we've got a valid 'where'. Now we need a 'when'.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Scott, where is Druid Hill Park?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3
    Scott, where is Druid Hill Park?
    Druid Hill Park is a little ways north of the harbor, going up I-83. If you get off I-83 at 28th Street, it is a short hop to the west. Another way to get there is if you come in to town on MLK Jr Blvd, and get on Mount Royal Avenue down by the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, you can follow Mt Royal Avenue all the way up the hill through Bolton Hill, then hang a left on North Avenue, then go Right on Park, or continue a couple blocks to Eutaw Place and turn right. At the top of the hill, you'll emerge from the residential neighborhood to face Druid Park Lake, and the 19th century folly made to look like a medieval castle tower that disguises a pumphouse for the reservoir. Also facing the lake and the park at the top of Madison (I believe), is the Gate that looks like something you'd drive under in Rome or Paris or London. The Gate faces the park and serves as an entryway from the city, although it is separated from the park itself by Druid Park Lake Drive.

In the park there is the Conservatory, a late 19th century glass and iron multi-story greenhouse, and the Chinese Pavillion. The Druid Park Mansion is now home to the Druid Park Zoo headquarters. Also in the vicinity of the park is one of the oldest continuously operating synagogues in Baltimore. Down the hill from the park, on Eutaw Street is a massive synagogue, now owned by Prince Hall Masons.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin