Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,978   Online: 860

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Baltimore is a long ride for me so if we plan it in advance and make a day out it I'm in. SteveH and I could also probably hook up and car pool.
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    How about either the weekend of the 8th/9th or the 15/16th of April? Which works better for folks, Saturday or Sunday? We could meet up around the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall somewhere (there is a parking garage in that area IIRC), and hit the streets with the cameras. We could carpool up to Druid Hill Park, so the parking problem en route through the city is less of an issue. That would also put us within striking distance of dining options in Mount Vernon at mid-day when the light sucks. Then we could wander around Mount Vernon in the afternoon, and adjourn to the Inner Harbor or Fells Point for dinner or go our merry ways as traffic and schedules require.

wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    April 1st and 8th are the two dates I currently have other committments.
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I may not be able to be there in April. Work 8th and 15th and begged away for the Cape on the 29th. Might be pushin it a bit with the wifey. But don't hold up for me. There will be others.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flash19901
    I may not be able to be there in April. Work 8th and 15th and begged away for the Cape on the 29th. Might be pushin it a bit with the wifey. But don't hold up for me. There will be others.
    I just realized that the 16th is Easter Sunday. Maybe we should shoot for either the 22nd or go for the first weekend in May.

Shooter
    35mm
    The 22nd or the 1st weekend in may works better for me.

Chris

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    April 22nd I can't make it, as I have a prior commitment to attend to. However, you all are more than welcome to join me:

http://www.races2run.com/2006_Detail...tm#042206-wstw

Bill ?

Things like this, I have found, are best planned well in advance. Perhaps the 2nd or 3rd week of May ?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sounds like 1st weekend in May is pretty good for most people. Why dont we sayMay 6, meet in Baltimore, noon-ish outside Myerhoff Symphony Hall?

this is the closest public parking garage.

http://maps.citysearch.com/location/4959781? -

1311 Cathedral St Baltimore MD 21201-5734

You may be able to find parking on the street in the area - however tempted you might be to park in the CVS lot across the street, do NOT. They tow aggressively. We can meet for lunch, do a print viewing, and then when the light improves, head out to shoot some photos. Dining options - nearby, there is Brewer's Art (1106 N Charles Street - nice brew pub (white tablecloths)), City Cafe (1001 Cathedral - generic cafe/diner type food), or Tyson Place (227 W Chase Street- American cuisine).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Rotating Meeting Locations.

Why not have a person designated to "scope out" locations for one shot a year in the following locations: South Jersey, Philadelphia, Wilmington, Harve de Grace, Baltimore, and York-Lancaster? In addition, we could have a spring and fall main dinner meeting where everyone would likely attend, while still offering the opportunity to convenient local photographic outings from which everyone could pick and chose.

Also, we need to take count of what size format our members shoot and whether they are b&w or color shooters. In this regard, it does not make sense for large format shooters to walk the streets of Baltimore with 35mm shooters.

For those who have not meet me, my screen name is "Flauvius" and my real name is Robert J. Triffin. I am in Drexel Hill, PA; a suburb of Philadelphia. Although I like to shoot 8x10 and 4x5, I occasionally shoot both b&w and color in 35mm.

Lastly, please do not forget that some of us will be away the first week in May at the APUG Toronto conference.

Regards,

Flauvius
    RJTRIFFIN@RCN.COM

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flauvius
    Rotating Meeting Locations.

Why not have a person designated to "scope out" locations for one shot a year in the following locations: South Jersey, Philadelphia, Wilmington, Harve de Grace, Baltimore, and York-Lancaster? In addition, we could have a spring and fall main dinner meeting where everyone would likely attend, while still offering the opportunity to convenient local photographic outings from which everyone could pick and chose.

Also, we need to take count of what size format our members shoot and whether they are b&w or color shooters. In this regard, it does not make sense for large format shooters to walk the streets of Baltimore with 35mm shooters.

For those who have not meet me, my screen name is "Flauvius" and my real name is Robert J. Triffin. I am in Drexel Hill, PA; a suburb of Philadelphia. Although I like to shoot 8x10 and 4x5, I occasionally shoot both b&w and color in 35mm.

Lastly, please do not forget that some of us will be away the first week in May at the APUG Toronto conference.

Regards,

Flauvius
    RJTRIFFIN@RCN.COM
    As has been said before, you can't please them all... not everyone will be able to make it to any given event. I think at this point it is more important to get an event on the calendar and get anyone who can show up to do so. I don't know about anyone else here, but I think at least for now it would be better not to formalize this too much - we don't need committees and officers and designated 'scouters'. Anyone who wants to chime in with a location suggestion can feel free to do so, and if they want to put in the effort to plan a meet, they should feel free to post it to the forum.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin