Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,167   Online: 1174

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Meeting Place for APUG group for MidAt

I beleive Flauvius was wanting to set up a meeting place for us to get together and form an actual, physical Mid Atlantic APUG group. Any ideas would be welcome. Thank you.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What would be nice is for you mid-atlantic people to have one "Eastern" weekend conference/workshop that all of us are invited to participate in!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No exclusions here. Any and all are welcome to participate. Thank you.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    How about DC or Baltimore?

Chris

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I was rather fond of the idea of a traveling meeting place. This way, we all get to explore different locations at different times of the year. We need to get a list of everyone's closest major 'hometown', that way we can always have personal guides who know all the good beer joints . But for now, Im thinking something along the lines of:

Reading
    Trenton
    Philly
    Wilmington (perhaps to be grouped in with Philly ?)
    Harve de Grace
    Baltimore
    DC

Anymore north, and we would be in the NYC area, and any further south I don't think many people from North/Central NJ/PA would realistically make the trip. I added Harve de Grace because it is a very easy stop on '95 down to B-more, etc., and one can easily make a full day of shooting there. In addition, they tend to have various festivals throughout the year.

Thoughts ?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    Reading
    Trenton
    Philly
    Wilmington (perhaps to be grouped in with Philly ?)
    Harve de Grace
    Baltimore
    DC

Anymore north, and we would be in the NYC area, and any further south I don't think many people from North/Central NJ/PA would realistically make the trip. I added Harve de Grace because it is a very easy stop on '95 down to B-more, etc., and one can easily make a full day of shooting there. In addition, they tend to have various festivals throughout the year.
    The meeting place should be somwehere between Baltimore and the Deleware Memorial Bridge. Even that makes it a little tough for the people between DC and Richmond. Havre de Grace is just about perfect.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3
    The meeting place should be somwehere between Baltimore and the Deleware Memorial Bridge. Even that makes it a little tough for the people between DC and Richmond. Havre de Grace is just about perfect.
    I'm quite partial to the travelling spot notion. That way nobody feels permanently slighted by the location being out of their travel range all the time. If we want to do a social type thing, a bring-prints-and-share-them-over-coffee/lunch/whatever, either B'more or Philly. Both cities have a fairly decent downtown artsy area with places that don't mind if you spread out and take over a corner of their shop for a couple hours, and both places have a lot of neat shooting locations as well.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera
    I'm quite partial to the travelling spot notion.
    I am too. However, I believe it should travel around the middle and stay away from either end. Anything north of Philadelphia is really closer to New York than DC and they have their own regional group.

Richmond also has a thriving arts community, but it would hardly be fair to ask people living in south Jersey to drive there. By the same token, someone living in Fredericksburg is probably not going to make the trek to Philly. Baltimore, maybe.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well, we're never going to make everyone happy. That's what you get when you have such a large area to cover. We don't have the luxury of just calling ourselves by a city name . In hindsight, Reading is abit too far off the map - its just an awesome area to shoot that no one else wanted to claim.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    How about HDG for meeting number one? Whaddya think?
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin