Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,720   Posts: 1,483,136   Online: 1248

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Shooting In Manaychuk, (Philadelphia)

Everyone is welcome to join me next Saturday or Sunday - depending on the weather -; as I intend I to make large format photographs in the Mayaychuk section of Philadelphia. This afternoon I was there and with the late day light, it was really something impressive.

For those of you who are not familiar with Mayachuk, it is an old section of Philadelphia that is something like Mt. Washington section in Pittsburgh; straight up and straigt down. Unfortuabley, Mayaychuk is undergoing redevleopment and will shortly lose its ethic old working class charm.

Please e-mail me if you would like to meet for lunch or brucnch, as I would like to be set up to catch the afternnon light. Parking is very tough and the walking is not easy, but the area is safe. In any event, it is free and I do not think anyone will be disappointed.

Regards,

Robert J. Triffin / "Flauvius"
    RJTRIFFIN@RCN.COM

Shooter
    35mm

Manayunk

It's Manayunk. I get my hair cut there every month whether I need it or not. Lou Tolerico's barber shop is about as original as they come. And get a haircut.
    Jeff Polaski
    "A full-time job seriously interferes with photography."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Do you realize you responded to this post 22 months after he discussed a weekend meeting? That makes about as much sense as me responding to your post nearly 5 months later! Ha!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    must have been a lot of irritated people looking for the Manaychuk train at 30th St Station.
    Murray

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin