Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,405   Online: 922

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

New Photography Exhibit at National Gallery in DC

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...ories=Exhibits

Here's a blurb about the show at the National Gallery. Anyone up for meeting next weekend, Saturday the 7th, to take in the show? We can meet in the Rotunda at the West Wing of the National Gallery at 10:30, take in the show, and then adjourn to the Penn Quarter neighborhood (about three blocks away) for lunch.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I would love to but the REAL job calls. Stupid money!
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's too bad. Anyone else up for taking in the show? C'mon folks- there's at least two or three other DC area residents in the mid-atlantic group! If the weekend in question is bad, someone propose another weekend!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera
    That's too bad. Anyone else up for taking in the show? C'mon folks- there's at least two or three other DC area residents in the mid-atlantic group! If the weekend in question is bad, someone propose another weekend!
    I'd be there with bells on, Scott, except for the fact that I'm leaving for Louisville tomorrow to attend events associated with our Azo show. How about a raincheck for Saturday the 14th?

BTW, everybody: since the NGA established its permanent photography exhibition space, they've had nothing but fabulous shows. I try to see every single one. If you live around here you're really cheating yourself if you miss them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd be up for the 14th myself.
    My Verito page

Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, I'm good for the 14th also. Why don't we go as suggested, meet at the gallery at 10:30, take in the new exhibit, and then grab some lunch in the neighborhood? And anyone who wants to bring along some of their work to show-and-tell over lunch is more than welcome to do so!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just a question. Is this meeting for Friday the 14th or Saturday the 15th? All that has been mentioned is Saturday the 14th, which is inaccurate.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Saturday the 15th

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm looking at my schedule now and trying to keep it clear for the 15th. Also looking for a motel for Friday night. Hopefully, things will work out.

BTW, if I stay in College Park Friday, is it an easy ride to the Gallery Saturday morning?

James
    [COLOR=Magenta][FONT=Arial Black]Photography is a reflection of one moment in our lives...[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    James- yes - very easy. You can get the Green Line metro from College Park straight to the Archives/Navy Memorial station, which is about two blocks from the National Gallery. If you want driving directions, let me know and I can send them to you in a PM. Metro would be much better, as the parking around that neighborhood is scarce and the meter maids are thicker than gnats in the woods in august.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin