Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,012   Online: 717

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If we can get this on the calendar with enough people shortly, I can make it. As long as the weather isn't miserably hot, that'll be a great day. Maybe we should meet for lunch somewhere, then head over to Eastern State to shoot in the afternoon? If you could find out about the "behind-the-scenes" tour and how much it would cost, I'd certainly be up for dropping a few dollars to get into some of the areas not normally open to visitors.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That sounds great, so, June 20th it is. What sort of place do you have in mind for lunch ? I frequent the food scene in town, so let me know what sort of fare you want. A lunchtime fav of mine is 'Nodding Head Pub' Good food and inexpensive; plus its right in Center City.

I will be there, possibly with a photog friend of mine (he usually shoots digi, but I'll force him to bust out the RZ).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I could only go if this were on the weekend. Looks like I'll have to pass on this outing also.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm good to go on the 20th. I'll pester the other DC folks and see if they can make it. The pub sounds good.

Travis- I promise I'll plan something around DC soon, and keep it on a weekend, so you can make it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As long as its on a weekend, that's all that matters. I don't mind travelling as far north as Philadelphia.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Back in the late 90's I spent a week in that place shooting for a personal project. I cannot remember the name of my contact, but they were very accommodating. I did a lot of set-up ahead of time, but was allowed to go just about anywhere I wanted as long as I carried my own hard hat, respirator and steel toed shoes. Ended up abandoning the project as it wasn't what I thought it would be, but still got some great work. Best of luck!

Bill

PS. BE CAREFUL. There are a lot of dangerous places, but I am sure you will be warned of this.
    Last edited by billschwab; 12-30-2007 at 04:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Interesting Bill.....Are you planning on making out for this ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    Are you planning on making out for this ?
    I'd love to Steve, but it is a long way. I do plan on visiting philadelphia again to do some work though. It is a great town and Fairmount Park is one of the nicest city parks of its kind in the country. I love photographing there.

Have a great time in the prison if you are going. Back when I was there it was pretty rough and they were just getting their tourist thing together. I'm guessing it is a little more hospitable now. The respirator was for peeling lead paint and asbestos in the tunnels. They may have that cleaned up by now.

Bill

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Bill. Do let me know when you'll be around.

I will send an email to ESP on Monday about the 20th. I will remit the info as I get it.
    Lets get some specifics hashed out here. What time do you wish to meet up ? I would suggest not being on the roads around the city from between 7:30 - 9:00, as 95/76/676 can be nasty. So, perhaps we should meet up around 10:30-11 ? For you early folks, I can also be up in the city early if you wanted to get some morning shots around the waterworks/art museum area....Just let me know. I personally plan in being up in the city early, and heading out to Manayunk to meet up with a friend of mine beforehand.
    On a side note: I will be bringing a changing room (calumet) so we can load up film throughout the day. Furthermore for those of you interested, Calumet is right in the city as well; although I will warn you that their film/darkroom area is 1/5th of what it used to be. They still do have a rather large selection of Slide and Color films however.
    Finally, lets start to get a tally of how many people we'll have going, so I can give ESP an idea of what size group we'll be.

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Dates For Eastern State Prision Trip

What are the agreed upon dates and times for the Eastern State Prison trip?

Regards,

Flauvius

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    Thanks Bill. Do let me know when you'll be around.

I will send an email to ESP on Monday about the 20th. I will remit the info as I get it.
    Lets get some specifics hashed out here. What time do you wish to meet up ? I would suggest not being on the roads around the city from between 7:30 - 9:00, as 95/76/676 can be nasty. So, perhaps we should meet up around 10:30-11 ? For you early folks, I can also be up in the city early if you wanted to get some morning shots around the waterworks/art museum area....Just let me know. I personally plan in being up in the city early, and heading out to Manayunk to meet up with a friend of mine beforehand.
    On a side note: I will be bringing a changing room (calumet) so we can load up film throughout the day. Furthermore for those of you interested, Calumet is right in the city as well; although I will warn you that their film/darkroom area is 1/5th of what it used to be. They still do have a rather large selection of Slide and Color films however.
    Finally, lets start to get a tally of how many people we'll have going, so I can give ESP an idea of what size group we'll be.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin