Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,762   Posts: 1,516,175   Online: 991

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ya, I agree about the meeting, etc. Honestly it didn't seem like free parking was much of an issue, as there were quite a few spaces open (I parked 10yds from the front door).
    I really didn't have any problems shooting a 4x5. Then again, I shyed away from the 'main' areas, and I spent a lot of time in places where I never saw anyone else.
    As I said earlier, I used HP5, and my exposure times ranged from 8s-1/25th. The longest exposure I made was metered @ 16s; but this was in a dark corner of Death Row.
    I think the place would take on a whole other persona had it been later in the year when they would have to light the inside. Perhaps we should plan our next trip in Mid-Late November ?
    Did you guys make it to see the 'hole' ? The Sun/Moon chart that was created on the ceiling was astounding.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was unaware that it was accessible. I'd love to go down there to take a peek. I also wish they had a lens hole in the barrier screen that blocks your entrance to Cellblock 14 - the three-story cellblock with all the gratings between each floor, which is the only one you can't see down the entire length because it bends.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    All,
    I printed my negs from the meeting. I just made straight prints for the moment; but I will go back in tomorrow and try to make my improvements. Hopefully I'll get some scans to post.
    Anyone else have any negs or prints done ?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I developed the one TMax negative I shot in 510 Pyro with minimal agitation. Part of it is a little soft because I couldn't see well enough to discern that I needed some tilt. So my 8x10 may become a 4x10. I'll have to print it to see how bothersome the out of focus area will be.

Anyway, the negative gives me goose flesh so I'll wager that I can make a kickass print out of it. I batch up my negatives and only print when I have enough of them to justify using precious amidol. I'll develop another one tonight and hopefully print this weekend.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm still waiting on my Pyrocat order from Bostick & Sullivan. GRRRRR.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Jim,
    Sounds great - I can't wait to see it ! Im going to try to get some scans today.

Scott,
    Did they give you a tracking # ? At this rate, you can cancel your order, and order from PF before it would come in from B&S .

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Steve- I've thought about that, but the PF price on the pt/pd chems is significantly higher than the B&S price. I'll call them today to see what is up with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This sounds as if it was a great outing. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you all got there.

B.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera
    Steve- I've thought about that, but the PF price on the pt/pd chems is significantly higher than the B&S price. I'll call them today to see what is up with it.
    Have you tried Artcraft? He's always been very quick for me.

http://www.artcraftchemicals.com/scr.../photochem.htm

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, I talked to the B&S folks and it went out last wednesday. It should be arriving today then. He said if it doesn't arrive today, call him back and he'll get a replacement set to me with faster shipping and a tracking # so they can verify progress.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin