Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,190   Online: 685

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Eastern State Pen GTG

All,
    I just received an email asking if I would amass a GTG sometime in June for Eastern State Penn. So I'll give them a call today or tomorrow and find out what their schedule is, how friendly they would be towards us, and if we can get cart blanche in some areas.
    I believe you all wanted a week day gathering as well ? What day of the week would work best (keeping in mind ESP's schedule) ?
    Also, dependant upon what ESP has to say, we can always go around Philly to some spots that I would recomend.

Keeping in mind the following dates on my calender:
    June 10-11 - Manayunk Bike Race
    June 24-25 - WWII Airshow @ Millville Airport

Its obviously too late to schedule anything before the 10th. So I imagine we would be looking at dates after the 12th.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm new to the area (transplant from Utah) and would like to attend whatever you guys arrange.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Steve -

I was proposing a weekday for the Eastern State Penitentiary shoot because they prefer not to have folks with tripods on weekends. I think it might be better to not identify ourselves as a formal group, because they might then want to charge a (rather hefty) fee and make us provide insurance. If weekends are better for most people schedulewise, that's fine too, it'll just mean taking different gear for some folks, to reduce the tripod size/dependency.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hrmm....Ok, well then perhaps I won't call them ? Lets start throwing dates out. June 13th.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's a bit short notice for me to get a day off work, but might be workable. The 20th would probably be easier to swing the day off.

They've got a pretty comprehensive website with all the info about taking photos there. When I went before on a weekday, the girl at the ticket counter was totally unfazed by my dragging in an 8x10 and tripod, but it was a very quiet day. She was amazed that I wanted to get the audio guide, since most photographers coming through seem to only want to take pictures and are disinterested in the history of the place (according to her). I found it very worthwhile to get the audio guide because it gave you an excellent overview of the history of the place, and made the things you were looking at make more sense. I also would have missed some details of the prison had I not had the audio guide.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Greetings all,

I have been there a number of times without problem, like you on weekdays. Contact Brett Bertollio at the prison at bb@easternstate.org He will give you all the info you need for your get together.

Mornings is usually busiest as groups come through, by mid day and into the afternoon you usually only encounter families and similar.

The prison will offer you a special group behind the scenes guided tour for additional $$$. If this is your first time, there is more than enough in the various cell blocks to keep you occupied your first time around.

Great place, enjoy!
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Steve, it's dorothy Ringler from West Chester. I'd be interested in going to Eastern State. Will you be at the 6/5 meeting at MAD Productions? We can talk about it then or on line.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Steve, it's Dorothy Ringler from West Chester. I'd be interested in going to Eastern State Penn. Will you be at the 6/5 meeting at MAD Productions? I would like to talk about it with you.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkroomDiva
    Hi Steve, it's Dorothy Ringler from West Chester. I'd be interested in going to Eastern State Penn. Will you be at the 6/5 meeting at MAD Productions? I would like to talk about it with you.
    Yupper, I'll be there

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherman
    Greetings all,

I have been there a number of times without problem, like you on weekdays. Contact Brett Bertollio at the prison at bb@easternstate.org He will give you all the info you need for your get together.

Mornings is usually busiest as groups come through, by mid day and into the afternoon you usually only encounter families and similar.

The prison will offer you a special group behind the scenes guided tour for additional $$$. If this is your first time, there is more than enough in the various cell blocks to keep you occupied your first time around.

Great place, enjoy!
    Thanks Steve. Im going to hold off emailing them until I get a date. Seems as if the 2nd week of June is too early; so how about we go with the 20th ?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin