Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,957   Posts: 1,558,043   Online: 1109

Shooter
    Multi Format

Another photo lab has closed its doors

Until yesterday I had been taking 35mm and 120 rolls to Buckley's in Wilmington,
    Del. I am naive, but was shocked to see an empty, closed building. I welcome
    any recommendations for another local film processor. (local being northern
    Delaware/Southeast Pennsylvania). They must be able to handle roll film.
    thank you, Jim. p.s.- I'm really bummed about Buckley's closing.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Jim,
    Right across the river (the brandywine that is) is Colourworks. They have been around almost as long as buckley's has ; but since buckley's closure they overtook their film processing (and clients). I took some 4x5 slides to them, and they came out excellent. Besides, they even list 11x14 sheet development on their price list, so how bad can they be .
    Buckley's went out on April 1st.

http://www.colourworks.com/
    Granted, the website doesn't seem to have been updated in over a year, but the contact info is still correct.

Not sure how we've missed each other up until this point, but I live in the brandywine hundered area. Gimme a shout sometime.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I just heard that the local photo retailer in my community (Beaverton, Oregon) is closing its doors for good as well. Earlier this year another had closed it doors as well.
    Thank goodness for larger mail order shops.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    35mm
    I think now that analog photography is fast becoming a niche field...the material supply has to go online rather than depending on local ones.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It could be possible that as more labs close, the ones that do remain COULD see more business. I hope we're not converging upon a situation where there's only going to be one film developer left (like Dwayne's was for Kodachrome)

Shooter
    35mm
    This is whhat is happening right now!!!!! Consolidation because of low volume. Film is not dead it is only shifting gears.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin