Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,947   Posts: 1,557,851   Online: 804

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Art on the Avenue, Alexandria, May 7th

Are any of you showing?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I hope not... pregnancy in itself would be a major surprise to me!
    I never got the call for entries for this so I didn't know about it. I assume you mean October 7, not May 7?

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's an annual street festival, pretty colorful.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I do mean October, but can't seem to edit.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP View Post
    Are any of you showing?
    My pendulous, middle aged beer gut is showing; does that count?

As to the festival, there will be lot of photography there. From a quick glance at some of the websites, I'm not sure that there will be much to justify burning the gasoline it will take to get there.

I do like to go to these things occasionally to try to get a feel for how likely it would be that I would actually sell something at one of them. Maybe I'll hop on the metro and take a look.

Are you going down there?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Bruce,

I won't be in Alexandria, but if you are interested, I will be at the Sugarloaf Crafts Festival in Gaithersburg, MD (Montgomery County Fairgrounds) October 13-15 and also November 16-19. For the October show, I have a booth and a half indoor booth and for the November show I have a booth and a half corner space in one of the Barns. My booth location in October is 139 (November booth assignments have not been made). I would welcome you or anyone else to drop by.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    My pendulous, middle aged beer gut is showing; does that count?

As to the festival, there will be lot of photography there. From a quick glance at some of the websites, I'm not sure that there will be much to justify burning the gasoline it will take to get there.

I do like to go to these things occasionally to try to get a feel for how likely it would be that I would actually sell something at one of them. Maybe I'll hop on the metro and take a look.

Are you going down there?
    I dunno- some of the photogs there don't seem TOO horridly cliched. Maybe even interesting one or two. I feel lucky these days if you get more than one who has something you'd even consider buying. Especially with the current trend to oversaturated oversharpened over-photoshopped work.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hadn't looked at the list before. I can say that I really like Paige Ireland's work. The festival itself is a good opportunity for street photography. I'll put up an example from a couple of years back. I will be there, as it is walking distance from home for me. Let me know if you will be around and we can try to meet up.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
    Hi Bruce,

I won't be in Alexandria, but if you are interested, I will be at the Sugarloaf Crafts Festival in Gaithersburg, MD (Montgomery County Fairgrounds) October 13-15 and also November 16-19. For the October show, I have a booth and a half indoor booth and for the November show I have a booth and a half corner space in one of the Barns. My booth location in October is 139 (November booth assignments have not been made). I would welcome you or anyone else to drop by.

Rich
    I thought the Sugarloaf Festival was at Sugarloaf. What's with the Fairgrounds? (The Fairgrounds is only about 10 minutes drive from my house, but the traffic and parking situation there is awful.) I'd much rather drive up to Sugarloaf Mountain. I'll definitely come and see you in October.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    I thought the Sugarloaf Festival was at Sugarloaf. What's with the Fairgrounds? (The Fairgrounds is only about 10 minutes drive from my house, but the traffic and parking situation there is awful.) I'd much rather drive up to Sugarloaf Mountain. I'll definitely come and see you in October.
    These are craft festivals put on by Sugarloaf Mountain Works (headquartered in Gaithersburg). They have been having craft shows for about 27 years at the fair grounds. The name may come from the mountain however. As to traffic and parking it is bad. They can draw about 27,000 paid attendees perhaps more to these shows.

If you want to get an idea of what I will be showing you can check my photos in my Gallery. I have a large show in RI before this. So I am not sure if I will have as much for display. As things stand there will be about 25 + images of color Nature, Landscape, and Wildlife images printed from a big Chromira printer. Images will be printed as large as 30" x 37 1/2" (in Cyro AR OP3 high end acrylic) and one piece (24" x 30") in museum glass. All images will have been taken with Leica R series cameras and Linhof 4 X 5 cameras.

Look forward to meeting you.
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin