Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,606   Online: 1070

Shooter
    35mm

MFA @ Penn State

Anyone know anything about this program? I have my BFA in Photo and would like to continue my education.... (and yes! I have real-world experience, woo hoo!)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't know about Penn State. I'd give them a call and see about going to talk to folks in the department. A LOT of schools have taken their photo programs on a hard-right into digital, so if you are looking to do any kind of traditional imaging, you may be out of luck. With that said, there are a lot of schools out there that still value traditional imaging. I was just down this path recently. If you are looking for schools in Pennsylvania, I'd suggest Tyler School of Art at Temple University - they are partially funded by Pennsylvania and have an in-state tuition rate, and give some preference to PA residents in admissions.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    I don't know about Penn State. I'd give them a call and see about going to talk to folks in the department. A LOT of schools have taken their photo programs on a hard-right into digital, so if you are looking to do any kind of traditional imaging, you may be out of luck. With that said, there are a lot of schools out there that still value traditional imaging. I was just down this path recently. If you are looking for schools in Pennsylvania, I'd suggest Tyler School of Art at Temple University - they are partially funded by Pennsylvania and have an in-state tuition rate, and give some preference to PA residents in admissions.

I have my BFA in Graphic Design & Photography. I do have a solid background in digital imagery so I'm looking to do a combination of photo & digital media. (Am I going to get shot for saying that here? I have a heavy background in trad. processes too).

I'm not looking for an "art" school.. but more of a liberal arts school. I've looked at Tyler, but I really dislike Philly.

Basically, I'm trying to start looking for schools to apply to now, then work on my portfolio, and apply to 4 or 5.

Thanks for your help

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin