Apologies for the ridiculously short notice, but I just caught up with these two exhibits this AM. Woodmere Art Museum is at 9201 Germantown Avenue in the Chestnut Hill section of Philadelphia. This is typical of my disorganized retirement life -- getting to a six week exhibit on the next-to-last day.

The Triennial of Contemporary Photography and
Severo Antonelli

Tomorrow, Sunday the 3rd, is the last day; the museum is open 1 - 5 pm. It is open until 5 pm this afternoon also.

Antonelli's work is utterly gorgeous, mostly figures and portraits, some of actresses/actors and dancers from the 1930s, 40s and 50s. The work is not only of high artistic quality but also very high technical quality. Not surprising I suppose, as he was the founder of the Antonelli School of Photography in Phildelphia, which still exists today. Woodmere has an extensive collection of his work, donated by the photographer in the 1980s.

Some of the triennial stuff is larger than necessary output from electrocuted bits, but one notably outstanding series was a group of large gum bichromate/cyanotype prints by Sarah Van Keuren -- landscape/scenic pieces mostly about 18 x 24 or so in size that are almost like impressionist paintings, really remarkable.

Again, sorry for the short notice.