Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,235   Online: 854

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Taking photos in the Baltimore Area

Hi Everyone,

Anyone else in the Baltimore area? I love taking photos during my lunch breaks, and was curious if anyone else had the same habit, and, more importantly, what are your favorite spots?

I like Robert E. Lee park if it's a nice day (I wish they'd fix the bridge!), or the architecture of any of our many underpasses. I've stopped by Druid Ridge Cemetary to take some photos too. Some of the stones there are amazing.

Let's share some shooting spots...

Thanks.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The guys have lots of metups in that area. One will wander along before too long, no doubt. I hsave that habit, myself, here in Delaware.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi there. While I'm not in Baltimore anymore, I do get up that way periodically with the rest of the DC gang. We've got a number of favorite shooting spots, from the B&O Railroad museum's outside yard (no fee to get in!) to Druid Hill Park, Cylburn Arboretum, Mount Vernon Square, to name a few. Drop a line if you'd like to get together some weekend for a shoot.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    All of Baltimore is great for shooting. Carroll County ain't bad either. Grin.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Cheers..._County.html#0
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am more of the Columbia persuasion although I have been known to roam Baltimore and Washington.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by v11235 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Anyone else in the Baltimore area? I love taking photos during my lunch breaks, and was curious if anyone else had the same habit, and, more importantly, what are your favorite spots?

I like Robert E. Lee park if it's a nice day (I wish they'd fix the bridge!), or the architecture of any of our many underpasses. I've stopped by Druid Ridge Cemetary to take some photos too. Some of the stones there are amazing.

Let's share some shooting spots...

Thanks.
    I'll be going up to Baltimore this weekend to photograph at the Rawlings Conservatory in Druid Hill Park. PM me if you want to meet up.
    Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Greenmount is the king of Baltimore cemeteries, followed by Westminster on Fayette. Mt. Auburn is fantastic for the incredible lack of maintenance (better in the summer when it gets very overgrown). If your ever by Druid Hill park, stop by TV hill. The towers can put on quite a show depending on the weather. Also, don't neglect industrial Baltimore. The steel mill @ Sparrows point is tough to get close to without a boat but South Baltimore around Curtis Bay is amazing in a post-apocalyptic of way.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    I'll be going up to Baltimore this weekend to photograph at the Rawlings Conservatory in Druid Hill Park. PM me if you want to meet up.
    Jim- did you ever make it up to the conservatory? If not, while I'm booked up this weekend, maybe next would be good. We might have another major snow this weekend too.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Jim- did you ever make it up to the conservatory? If not, while I'm booked up this weekend, maybe next would be good. We might have another major snow this weekend too.
    As I told Matthew, I only got as far as the Bishop's Garden at the National Cathedral due to a late start on the weekend honeydo list.

I'm up for going there maybe on Sunday if the roads are plowed.

On another note, I need to drop by and do some scanning of my Raid Our Gallery entries. They're due to Steve by Monday the 15th. You can scan 4x5 chromes, right?

BTW, I see that Cylburn Arboretum is now open again. We might want to hit that one, too, later in the spring.
    Jim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin