Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,864   Online: 880

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a ski trip to western Canada that I booked and paid for over a year ago [October 2008] that is delayed a day because the maintenance workers at BWI cannot figure out which end of a shovel to use. What a bunch of wimps!

It is just snow get over it!

We had a similar storm last December and I had no problem driving in it. You know in Canada they just drive on it.

My neighbors in Maryland are wringing there hands with tears the size of horse turds in their eyes crying out "Its gonna snow! We will all be killed!"

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Steve, the problem here is the anticipation of problems. People get totally whipped into a frenzy a day or two in advance, as if missing a meal or two might really be detrimental
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Enjoy the snow!
    We have had a pretty good year for the stuff here in Minnesota, Christmas time was exceptionally beautiful with a fresh 10 + inches. It is snowing right now here in Minneapolis and the way it is laying on the trees is gorgeous.
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ishutteratthethought View Post
    Enjoy the snow!
    We have had a pretty good year for the stuff here in Minnesota, Christmas time was exceptionally beautiful with a fresh 10 + inches. It is snowing right now here in Minneapolis and the way it is laying on the trees is gorgeous.
    Steve
    The snow is great. The people around here in Metro DC, not so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Haha. I have a friend in Bethesda who calls the DC traffic "magma." This is the most apt description I have yet heard of it. Woe unto anyone getting sucked into the magma today and tomorrow. Even on a good day, the traffic is an national embarrassment well befitting the gridlock of our federal government.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check out this weather report from Accuweather in the Baltimore/DC area...what a hoot!

http://www.accuweather.com/video-on-...deo=1671939093
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo View Post
    Check out this weather report from Accuweather in the Baltimore/DC area...what a hoot!

http://www.accuweather.com/video-on-...deo=1671939093
    And some out there reading my post thought I was exaggerating.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I have a ski trip to western Canada that I booked and paid for over a year ago [October 2008] that is delayed a day because the maintenance workers at BWI cannot figure out which end of a shovel to use. What a bunch of wimps!

It is just snow get over it!

We had a similar storm last December and I had no problem driving in it. You know in Canada they just drive on it.

My neighbors in Maryland are wringing there hands with tears the size of horse turds in their eyes crying out "Its gonna snow! We will all be killed!"

Steve

Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    I spent last weekend's snowstorm in the darkroom. I hope to expose film for this storm. Of course, if I can't get out of the Atlanta airport and back to Richmond, I may have to just read APUG and LF Forum from the airport....

Have Fun!
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwysiwyg View Post
    We appreciate all those south of the Mason-Dixon Line taking the big white bullet for us this winter.

you're welcome

Down here in North Alabama, we close schools and stock up on canned food as soon as it starts snowing. Usually it's just random flurries and a few icy patches on the roads, but we did get a good snow back in early January.

I think getting southerners off the roads when the roads are icy is good because most of us cant drive worth shit in good weather (myself included)

Ok, I might have been a little sarcastic in this post, but it's true enough to make a good generalization (perhaps stereotype is a better word?) about the locals

edit: I think I've reached my smiley face quota for today.
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Posted wirelessly..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vaughn
    print or shovel snow? -- dang what a hard decision for you!

Vaughn

PS -- time to join in with the new decade, dude!

First time I missed the year. OOPS!
    You didn't miss a thing. The next decade starts with the end of this year, unless the first year was year '0' and not year '1'.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin