Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,590   Posts: 1,622,316   Online: 1040

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    decade
    n decade [ˈdekeid, diˈkeid]
    a period of ten years the first decade of this century (= 1900–09).

Also see Wikipedia
    So we are in the 2nd decade of the 21st century, at least culturally.

As to snow, I lived in DC & Charlottesville area for 25 years and had only one heavy snowfall (sometime in late 70's). I'm envious. Its rainy and in 60's here.
    Last edited by doughowk; 02-05-2010 at 04:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    No, I went to both, because I never miss a party. Where were you when we had the real party?
    I got snowed in
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doughowk View Post
    decade
    n decade [ˈdekeid, diˈkeid]
    a period of ten years the first decade of this century (= 1900–09).

Also see Wikipedia
    So we are in the 2nd decade of the 21st century, at least culturally.

As to snow, I lived in DC & Charlottesville area for 25 years and had only one heavy snowfall (sometime in late 70's). I'm envious. Its rainy and in 60's here.
    Interesting. For me the first time to see Wikepedia wrong, unless the first decade AD was 9 years long. Oh, cultural decades, I got it!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Dateline Milton . . .

Shortly after three this afternoon the snow begins to fall. Very faintly at first, the 'white stuff' continues to intensify as The Boomerang Blizzard encroaches on the east coast of the United States of America. Having already dumped nearly a foot of snow or more in the central Appalachains, this storm seems as though it could rival the infamous President's Day storm of 2003, to the north anyway. Relatively low accumulations are called for on the Demlmarva Peninsula south of Dover, Delaware (8-12"). The forecast is for 12" to 24" otherwise. It looks to be a good old fashioned Canadian butt-whoopin' in the grandest style. And the horse turd tears just keep on comin'.
    Thank you.
    -CW

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wow, you get downright pithy when you're snowbound. Guess you can take the old fart outta California but you can't take the California outta the old fart.
    Thank you.
    -CW

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, stepped out for a smoke and a shovel. A bit over an inch thus far. Still very fine flakes. Heavier stuff still to get here.
    Thank you.
    -CW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Should only get a couple of inches in Northern NJ, but I just finished my darkroom, so you can bet it's a printing weekend! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Geez- woke up to a whole inch and a half this morning -- and it isn't snowing any more. I suppuse we got what was predicted. I was realy hoping for a couple of feet of the white shtuff. Guess I'll pack up the family to where theres lots more of it, and take the skis, and the mutts, and a big picnic, get some skinny-skiing in. Crap, there isn't even enough to get decent sledding any where close by. Chris, can we come visit, and play in the snow down there?(just kidding) I love to X-C, its one of the few things that is low impact on my ailing body, and its fun.

Rick

Shooter
    Large Format
    Don't want to beat a dead horse, but from the Yourdictionary.com
    Decade
    a period of ten years; esp., in the Gregorian calendar
    1. officially, a ten-year period beginning with the year 1, as 1921-1930, 1931-1940, etc.
    2. in common usage, a ten-year period beginning with a year 0, as 1920-1929, 1930-1939, etc.
    As with most aspects of the English language (e.g., spelling, pronunciation), common usage will prevail over "official" prescriptions.
    Last edited by doughowk; 02-06-2010 at 07:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin