Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,047   Online: 978

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    You didn't miss a thing. The next decade starts with the end of this year, unless the first year was year '0' and not year '1'.
    I am glad that someone here understands that.

The fact, that except for C programmers, people count starting at the number one.

A few weeks ago I pointed out on a post on APUG that we have 11 months until the start of the next decade and so many dunderheads posted vulgar and disgusting responses the monitors had to delete all the posts related to the start of the decade. Some people are just so into their "stupidness" that they cannot turn on their brains.

Dunderheads, do you hear me now??

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I am glad that someone here understands that.

The fact, that except for C programmers, people count starting at the number one.

A few weeks ago I pointed out on a post on APUG that we have 11 months until the start of the next decade and so many dunderheads posted vulgar and disgusting responses the monitors had to delete all the posts related to the start of the decade. Some people are just so into their "stupidness" that they cannot turn on their brains.

Dunderheads, do you hear me now??

Steve

Do you remember how many people walked into the 21st century a year too early? There is little we can do about that.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    We hear you Steve! But the whole thing with dating is arbitary anyway, so you'll just have to put up with us LOL! .

And I always start counting at zero. How many beers have I had today? Zero (not one). But I'll soon take care of that!

Vaughn

PS...Ralph, we may have entered into the millenium a year early, but it sounds like you may have been a year late for the party!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    ...Ralph, we may have entered into the millenium a year early, but it sounds like you may have been a year late for the party!
    No, I went to both, because I never miss a party. Where were you when we had the real party?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Large Format
    decade
    n decade [ˈdekeid, diˈkeid]
    a period of ten years the first decade of this century (= 1900–09).

Also see Wikipedia
    So we are in the 2nd decade of the 21st century, at least culturally.

As to snow, I lived in DC & Charlottesville area for 25 years and had only one heavy snowfall (sometime in late 70's). I'm envious. Its rainy and in 60's here.
    Last edited by doughowk; 02-05-2010 at 04:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    No, I went to both, because I never miss a party. Where were you when we had the real party?
    I got snowed in
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doughowk View Post
    decade

Also see Wikipedia

As to snow, I lived in DC & Charlottesville area for 25 years and had only one heavy snowfall (sometime in late 70's). I'm envious. Its rainy and in 60's here.
    Interesting. For me the first time to see Wikepedia wrong, unless the first decade AD was 9 years long. Oh, cultural decades, I got it!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by doughowk View Post
    decade

Also see Wikipedia

I use Wikipedia as a comic book or entertainment. It is usually accurate for simple things, but I do come across errors enough not to use it for serious research. I do not bother to note the errors. Again for me it is part of the web entertainment. This error is just typical of Wikipedia, people add to it what they want to believe without doing due diligence. sorry to burst your bubble.

Nah, I am not sorry.

Steve

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Dateline Milton . . .

Shortly after three this afternoon the snow begins to fall. Very faintly at first, the 'white stuff' continues to intensify as The Boomerang Blizzard encroaches on the east coast of the United States of America. Having already dumped nearly a foot of snow or more in the central Appalachains, this storm seems as though it could rival the infamous President's Day storm of 2003, to the north anyway. Relatively low accumulations are called for on the Demlmarva Peninsula south of Dover, Delaware (8-12"). The forecast is for 12" to 24" otherwise. It looks to be a good old fashioned Canadian butt-whoopin' in the grandest style. And the horse turd tears just keep on comin'.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It has been snowing in Columbia Maryland since 9 AM. The amount of accumulation is not worth the effort to clean off a car before driving. These people need to get a real life. There are real problems in the world. This snow storm is not one of them.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin