Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,114   Online: 957

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Rain here, followed by more rain, with some rain after that. Even so, we are still one inch behind normal for this point in the season (starts in July -- we are at 21.5"). Today might bring us up to normal.

On pronouncing names -- in New Zealand and Australia I had lots of people telling me I mis-pronounced my own name . I pronounce Vaughn, "von". But then I have always mis-pronounced my sister's name, too. It is Wende, but I say "Windy", which considering how she can talk and talk and talk -- is rather accurate. "Wende" is a German last name -- but no one in our family has ever pronounced the "W" as a "V"!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, in shifts, I have shoveled 14" thus far. Most alarming, I shoveled three inches that had accumalated in the space of just over one hour and it is getting heavy. Another eight hours to go. I think it's now time to retreat to the porch and leave the carport to God and the snow angels.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh, and by the way, Steve, there's got to be a hill near you somewhere or a slow moving SUV on which to grab the bumper and go for a ride. ;p Sorry you haven't made it out yet.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Oh, and by the way, Steve, there's got to be a hill near you somewhere or a slow moving SUV on which to grab the bumper and go for a ride. ;p Sorry you haven't made it out yet.
    I dug around the car this afternoon. About an hour ago, it stopped snowing so I brushed of the last of it. The snow plow was stuck at the beginning of the parking lot for a while and left. The driver promised that he would have the lot done tonight.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah, I'm dug out to my deep - not-so-recently plowed street. We got just over 20" over here in DE all told.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Goodness. You guys are all done shoveling, and I'm just starting to wonder where I parked my car, and did the city plow any side streets? Its going to be a couple of days before Phila gets moving again.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I went out after dark this evening and shot 10 sheets of whole plate TMY. Got some (I hope) great shots of street scenes in the snow, with the neon lights from stores and restaurants, vehicle lights, and street lights. I'm going to soup them tomorrow right after I shovel my steps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would be very happy if the moderators would change the title of this thread!

After all, they are superheroes! Why can't they correct such a simple goof?

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, the accumulation down here was pretty disappointing, our last few hours of precip was in the form of sleet and we wound up with no more than a foot or so total by the time it all packed down. All in all, the storm of a weeks ago was more of an adventure. Oh well.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I would be very happy if the moderators would change the title of this thread!

After all, they are superheroes! Why can't they correct such a simple goof?

PE
    Hey look here Mr. That title is indicative of my deepest foibles. Those being utterly and innanely human. ;p Hiya Ron. Actually I really learned alot about new decades and high falutin' crap like that which I would not have learned if I had not started this thread with such a screwed up title.

Hey, it's me! ;p
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin