Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,565   Posts: 1,545,324   Online: 900

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, the streets are narrower but clear. Went and got gas and sandwiches for breakfast. (Gas for the Jeep and sandwiches for breakfast, which shall produce gas of its own soon.) We got 22 inches in Milton. I was going to go help shovel out my folks and folks-in-law but I wrenched my knee on some ice reentering the home. Atleast the sandwiches and Chugs are no worse for wear. The same cannot be said for the photographer carrying them.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Well, the accumulation down here was pretty disappointing, our last few hours of precip was in the form of sleet and we wound up with no more than a foot or so total by the time it all packed down. All in all, the storm of a weeks ago was more of an adventure. Oh well.
    In Columbia Maryland we finally got about 2.5 feet of snow. What is disappointing is the complete collapse of the airport infrastructure. The roads have been cleared but the airports are still closed. This is not rocket science folks, learn to use the snowplow!

Now I am leaving on Monday for a vacation that started Saturday [bitch bitch bitch].

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Hey look here Mr. That title is indicative of my deepest foibles. Those being utterly and innanely human. ;p Hiya Ron. Actually I really learned alot about new decades and high falutin' crap like that which I would not have learned if I had not started this thread with such a screwed up title.

Hey, it's me! ;p
    Amazing where a smart-ass comment made with a wink () can lead us, too! Sometimes the OT comments can lead to more interesting places than the OP.

We only got 0.18 of rain yesterday, and fell farther behind the season normal (but only an inch behind) -- but it was a nice sunset when I took one of my boys to the beach/bay entrance. The rain stopped and we actually got to see that big bright round disk in the sky as it dropped behind some clouds on the horizon!

Super Bowl today -- time to take the boys somewhere. Everyone else will be glued to the tube.

Vaughn

Sirius -- sorry to hear that your holiday has been delayed and I wish you good travels and skiing!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Started snowing tonight and then changed over to rain. Hope we don't have a repeat of 94. Last thing I want is two inches of ice.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    it's back to snow again already here. Had rain/sleet for part of the night. I'm just SOOOO looking forward to getting out and shoveling again (NOT).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bah, all we got was a light dusting and some slushy crap. I really wanted the big historical blizzard we were promised
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's not disappointing in Northern NJ. Shoveled 5 inches already and expecting another 8 or so. I'll be printing some high-key portraits this afternoon in honor of the white-out.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    We got almost an inch last night before it turned to rain and stayed that way until an hour os so ago. Went in to sell spark plugs to the City boys until 10:30 and just got home a few minutes ago. Roads are more than passable but not for long. Second Scott's emotion. Scrape. Scrape. Scrape. 10 more by midnight. That'll put us at about 54" for the year. We haven't had that much since 1993.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This probably isn't the best year to be pushing a Global Warming agenda, eh?
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I wish somebody would. And soon. And how.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin