Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,282   Online: 770

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is Dodge Chrome in Silver Spring the old Dynacolor [or was it Colorfax?] processing near the railroad station?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marylandphoto View Post
    Is their Silver Spring location still there?
    Yep, still there and quite busy.

I just picked up a pile of 4x5 and 8x10 B&W negs there yesterday.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Penn Camera in Tysons will soup 120 C-41 on-site. They do a good job, at a far more economical price than Chrome/Dodge.
    I've always had TERRIBLE experiences at Penn. Both the Fair Lakes and Tysons locations have let me down, and treated me like dirt.

I'm going to stick with shipping out to Dwayne's. Inexpensive dev and scans.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by powasky View Post
    I've always had TERRIBLE experiences at Penn. Both the Fair Lakes and Tysons locations have let me down, and treated me like dirt.

I'm going to stick with shipping out to Dwayne's. Inexpensive dev and scans.
    With Dwaynes I had real dirt problems as well as them printing red rock in the foreground as green because they thought that it should be grass. I constantly got stuck for the cost of mailing everything back to them.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sirius-

I'm hearing and reading from more people that are having/have had problems with Dwayne's. It's unfortunate because their prices are so reasonable for dev and scans...my local place (McClanahan in Warrenton) will dev 120 for $3 bucks, but to get them scanned to a disk is $15 -.-

Does anyone have experience with Dodge Chrome's pricing for scans? I requested a quote on their site, but haven't heard back yet.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was having a problem with Penn Camera processing 120 in the past. Under the new management as Calumet, though, they're doing a stand-up job, at least at the E Street location downtown.

For Dodge/Chrome's pricing, - http://www.dodgechrome.com/downloads/DC-Price_Sheet.pdf

I think they're a little expensive for what they offer, but they're about the only game in town. I just wish they could offer real drum scans of all sizes of film. Instead, anything bigger than 4x5 (and maybe even 4x5) has to be done on an Epson flatbed scanner. Which I can do at home for free. They have an Imacon for doing medium format and 35mm scans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin