Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,358   Online: 850

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

ICA Ideal plates?

Hi-
    New to APUG- just won a 9x12 ICS Ideal of EvilBay...
    trying to find as much info as I can about Film Holders.... my intention is to load them with photo paper and produce contact prints.... I am an activity head at a day camp teaching darkroom photography to kids 9yrs to 15yrs old.... so it's MUCH easier to do paper neg development and printing, given the 45 minute sessions the group has...

Been using a 110B polaroid converted to 4x5 with Grafmatics, but thought I'd switch it up a bit using an old plate camera....

Anyone got any ICS holders lying around they want to sell.....??

Also, any thoughts about loading plates with photo paper?? Would I NEED the sheaths??

Thanks,

Bob Keene

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG

There's no pre-WWII standard for German 9x12 holders so you need to be careful getting the right ones. I'm not sure what edge pattern the ICA's used but here's some variations.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

It's an ICA Ideal 'C' 9x12cm... now with pix!

Thanks for the info- I'll look through everything. I should mention that the seller specified it to be an ICA Ideal 'C', 9x12cm.....
    It looks like a beauty- hope I can use it...

Anyone?
    attached a few pix.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ICA-Ideal-model-C-06.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	117.5 KB 
ID:	47601Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ICA-Ideal-model-C-01.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	47602
    Last edited by Keenevision; 03-10-2012 at 12:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello;
    I have a Recommar 33 and a Voightlander that uses the same film holders. Believe that ICA used the same size. Keep your eyes open on Epay, these come along often. Most of the holders I have bought had the film sheaths in the holders. Many were sized for 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 inch film. You can figure on replacing the light seal on the top of the holders. Go to a fabric store and buy a good mohair fabric of the correct thickness and dark color. You will need the sheaths for loading the paper or film in. Have fun, Steven.

The Ideal uses a pop off holder -not a slide in
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne View Post
    The Ideal uses a pop off holder -not a slide in
    Mark
    It's quite clear from the photos above that this ICA Ideal uses slide in holders, the focus screen pops open for focussing but has to be slid out . They aren't quite the same as the ones I have, seems to be a wider lip

The best place to find 9x12 holders is German ebay.de - it's where I've bought all mine the. Login etc is identical whatever front end as it's a common database. However items don't always map across to each version properly. Search 9x12 under Foto & Camcorder there's not many listed at the moment, they are best bought as sets of 3 in a small case. You will need patience waiting for the right ones.

Quarter plate holders would have been sold mainly in the UK, but both formats were sold and some sellers get the sizes wrong.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    When you see the piece below on a corner of your camera, it's sure that it uses a pop off holder.
    I have some like that in Hüttig, ICA and Zeiss Icon.
    On the plate holder for ICA Ideal 9X12cm, it's written 726/6.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ideal_ICA.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	47641

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    It's quite clear from the photos above that this ICA Ideal uses slide in holders, the focus screen pops open for focussing but has to be slid out . They aren't quite the same as the ones I have, seems to be a wider lip

The best place to find 9x12 holders is German ebay.de - it's where I've bought all mine the. Login etc is identical whatever front end as it's a common database. However items don't always map across to each version properly. Search 9x12 under Foto & Camcorder there's not many listed at the moment, they are best bought as sets of 3 in a small case. You will need patience waiting for the right ones.

Quarter plate holders would have been sold mainly in the UK, but both formats were sold and some sellers get the sizes wrong.

Ian
    Ian
    I went and checked my Ideal. It uses pop off holders #726/7. The lever on the top right of the camera is the holder release lever so I wonder if there has been a odification. It has the drop bed which confirms that it is an Ideal. However the camera does not look modified however. Where the bed strut attaches to the bed is shaped differently to my camera
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here are some ICA Ideal models (6,5X9, 9X12, 10X15, 13X18; double plate holder only for 10X15 and 13X18) : they all have the lever and use pop off holders :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ICA_Ideal.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I wonder if the soviet Fotokor cameras uses the same cassettes, it looks like it is based on the same design. There's loads of the those cassettes on Alex-photo eBay store.

Cheers,

Dave.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin