Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,331   Online: 860

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here in Belgium it's a disaster to get Silver Nitrate locally, I know of one shop who sells it but you have to buy 100g at once at the whopping 420euro price-tag. I decided to just buy some pure silver and make my own crystals, it's not exactly rocket science to do.
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Uncle Goose, could you detail your safety procedures and estimate your costs please?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thebes View Post
    Uncle Goose, could you detail your safety procedures and estimate your costs please?
    Safety procedures are quite rudimentary, just gloves and safety glasses. The whole procedure of heating up and letting it react is of course done outside because of the toxic fumes. Cost?? well I got 70grams of pure silver in pellet form and paid about 58euro or so for it, the Nitric acid is less than 1 Euro or so since you using such a small quantity. In the end I got about 98grams of silver Nitrate, so I saved myself over 300euro just by doing it myself. I've done a few salt prints with it already so it's work pretty well.
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin