Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,381   Online: 1092

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Help identify my plate camera!

Hello to everyone.

I'm new on this forum. My name is Zoli and i'm from Transsylvania.
    I got a plate folder camera this days and i can't find anything on google about this camera.
    It has a Vario (“25,50,100,B,T”) shutter and a “Jos. Schnieder & Co. Kreuznach No. xxxxxx Radionar Anastigmat 6.3/13.5cm” lens.
    Can anybody tell me more about this camera, please?

I'm attaching some photos for reference. Looking back for any kind of answer.

regards, zoli
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT0058_1.jpg   PICT0053_1.jpg   PICT0055_1.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Greetings and welcome, Zoli. Could you post a close-up photo of the back of the camera?

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank You Old-N-Feeble for your quick feedback.
    Here are some (not so good) pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S5020239_1.jpg   S5020240_1.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did the focusing panel come with this camera? Many times the make and model were pressed into the leather of the lid.

Maybe one more close-up of the front cover... the bottom of the camera when it's open.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's easier to tell you what it osn't than what it is

Identification can be very difficult as there were so many German/European manufacturers of these cameras and some were very short lived.

FEC used the Radionar in a Vario as did Voighlander on a basic model, but you'd need to compare the camera. looking at the hinges.whay the standard moves & locks on the focus track, type of wire finder and sight etc.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Zoli and welcome to APUG. Interesting camera, however, I have no info, just interested bystander.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    look on the handle. There is often a name there, pressed into the leather -- might be the brand or at least the model. Either way, if you can see that, you can look it up in McKeown's, or post it here and someone can -- or email me.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for all of you/for your answers! There isn't anything pressed on the leather (lid) (Old-N-Feeble, summicron1), and yes the focusing panel was with this camera (Old-N-Feeble).

I found something interesting/similar (to my camera) on Camerapedia: First_plate_folders,"The First or First Camera Japanese 6.5×9cm plate folders, distributed by Minagawa in the late 1920s and early 1930s, and ostensibly made by "First Camera Works", another name for Kuribayashi". What do you think?!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2294364819_18ecde6e96_z.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	49696

regards, zoli (sorry for my horrible hungarian english)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Zoli, welcome to APUG!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If there are no markings on the outside of the camera, (did you check _under_ the handle on the top of the camera? Sometimes the model markings are pressed into the leatherette there), try colapsing the lens board back into the camera and rolling the rack out without the lens. Sometimes markings are hidden under there. If there are no markings, your guess is a good as mine! ^_^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin