Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,569   Posts: 1,545,460   Online: 1143

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    The I-51 is a normal lens for 5x7. It is not a wide angle lens, won't cover 8x10, should be used on 5x7 and smaller formats. The I-37 is a normal lens for 8x10, also not a wide angle lens, should be used on 8x10 and smaller formats.

Get and use the one that's appropriate for the size of ambrotype you want to make.
    Thank you Dan, if both of them are comparatively equal, I think I will get I-37, Im interested about 8x10 format.
    Regards.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    vpwphoto, get the catalogs and study them. You'll learn that in the Soviet scheme of things, names like Helios, Industar, Jupiter, Russar, ... identified (usually) a design type and were applied to lenses with a wide range of focal lengths and coverages.
    I have, just didn't realize he was talking LF, the Industar-51 I am most familiar with is the LTM series.
    Live and learn.
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin