Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,746   Posts: 1,515,662   Online: 734

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks all for good information.

Oh, well, rollfilm back, I think I will go with that. Sheets will be to hard to get.
    Still, the camera will be original.

I do find these old Bergheili, looks cool in my mind.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does it have more than one lens with it? I enjoy using my Agfa Standard in this format. I like to contact print the 120 negs on old azo that expired decades ago. They come out really cool.
    Brassai used this camera btw. With this technique for timing long exposures:

Brassai used cigarettes to time long exposures - "Une gauloise pour une certaine lumiere, une boyard s'il faisait plus sombre" (a Boyard is thicker than a Gauloise, thus takes longer to burn) therefore "[t]he cigarette is not a cigarette but a clock." Richard Klein, Cigarettes are Sublime (Durham: Duke University Press, 1993).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    just for the record AGFA still coat APX100 emulsion on glass plates they do one run a year (usually in october) and you have to pay upfront. The most common sizes are 6x9.5 , 4x5" and 5x7"

If you dont want to order direct and dont want to wait for the yearly run you can buy the size plates you need from here

http://www.macodirect.de/glasplates-...d16de5b886fa7f
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the tip and information.

But, hmmm, I think I will go for a rollfilm back. The film backs was around in the old days to I am told, so it is not, how to say, draging the camara and its style down in any way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes Roll film backs were quite common with these cameras, 6.5x9 cameras had roll film backs and 9x12 (& quarter plate) used film packs for full frame or roll film backs for 6x9. all alternatives to plates.

Some roll film backs have masks for alternative formats, I have a Rollex which can be used for 6x9 or 6x6.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is there any chances that i can use 4x5 glasplates with my Sinar P1 andP3

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagic View Post
    Is there any chances that i can use 4x5 glasplates with my Sinar P1 andP3
    Yes if you have modern International style plate holders, these could be 5x4 or 9x12.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    None of these links go anywhere, and I can't find any glass plates listed on macodirect. Have they disappeared since March?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalom View Post
    None of these links go anywhere, and I can't find any glass plates listed on macodirect. Have they disappeared since March?
    Not sure about macodirect, but I just saw them in the catalog at www.lumiere-shop.de. They are *seriously* expensive though---I think it would be preferable to get sheet film in the appropriate sizes, and/or coat your own plates.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We have coated our own plates from 2x3 and 4x5 to 8x10 and gotten very good results. The workshops went well and we turned out about 16 students who can do it with no trouble. It was so much in demand that both sessions were nearly full and each student coated a number of plates.

It is not hard. Anyone wishing to use plates should at least learn how to coat them using commercial emulsions if they don't want to make their own. It is much less expensive at least.

PE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin