Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,388   Online: 796

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I stand corrected---my very own 6.5x9 Avus has an Ibsor shutter, not a Compur as I thought. I couldn't get the lens elements off without more force than I wanted to apply, but from educated guessing about where the threads are, I think it's probably the standard dimensions as given on the French site: 29.5mm diameter, both front and rear. If it varies from that size it can't be by much.

There's a photo at http://www.flickr.com/photos/rebollo_fr/4826112985/ of a 6.5x9 Bergheil mounting the 20cm Tele-Dynar; it's in a rimset Compur shutter with speeds to 1/200, for what that's worth.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks a bunch Nathan. I remeasured mine and get 29.5 for the front and 26 for the rear. Well, I wonder if the Bergheil bayonet mount reduces the rear opening? as in: Shutter, bayonet mount then rear element screws into that? Resulting in the size discrepancy.

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My 6x9 Bergheil has a f/3.5 lens, which pushes it up to a Compur 1. The f/4.5 gets a Compur 0.

The bayonet doesn't occlude the lens at all; it's fixed under the retaining ring.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you, I believe I am looking for a compur 0 or equivalent. From studying the versions of this lens available on the popular auction site, I see one with a step ring on the rear element. It looks like I'm missing that ring.

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here's a picture of mine for comparison with the picture in post #11: my shutter looks a size larger, and it's not very clear but it looks to me like the tele-dynar shutter goes to 250, like a Compur 0 does.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9295972@N02/3708832991/

I've been vaguely interested in these lenses for ages but never seen one at a reasonable price, so if you find a shutter it fits I'll be interested to see what it's like.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very nice looking camera. I'm hoping without to much work to be able to make this work. I didn't pay nearly what they are offered for. It may take some time to get it all sorted out. i'll post some results when i do.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    I have a working Tele-Dynar on my Bergheil 6.6x9... I'll find it and get back to you .. (great lens!!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    fantastic! Would love some specs on the mounting!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Problem solved!!! Went to a local camera show and took the lens along. I found a "Kodak Compur" that it fit into perfectly! Now just need to work out a lens board adapter which should be a breeze. I couldn't believe it there were only about 3 ? compur 0's in the whole place and one of them worked. It seems to be focusing fine from what I can tell on the ground glass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin