Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,931   Posts: 1,556,926   Online: 1096

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wonder what actually creates that bloom- oxygen, atmospheric contaminants of some type?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    I wonder what actually creates that bloom- oxygen, atmospheric contaminants of some type?
    I've always seen it referred to as oxidation.
    There were many attempts to produce said bloom under controlled conditions, none of which was very successful. Perhaps it just takes place so slowly that none of the processes were commercially valuable. The lens I referred to has been in my possession since the late 1980s, and it was well bloomed when it came to me.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Lend it to a smoker for a few years.
    As a previously heavy smoker I can vouch for the film that forms on window glass and anything else in the room.
    To lend some credence to this notion, bear in mind the atmosphere in times past, especially in cities, was generally more heavily contaminated than we're used to now. Indoors; smokers, open fires, stoves, ranges, the general fug of living without adequate ventilation. Outdoors; plenty of smog, soots, industrial air pollution of many types.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin