Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,507   Posts: 1,543,546   Online: 1079

Thread: Panchromatic ?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Panchromatic ?

I just shot 2 plates from 1947 and used an orange-ish filter* for the first time with this box. I developed the first plate and it was unexposed? Now, it could be my cable release misfired, It has in the past once or twice, the pin is probably not long enough. Anyway, any chance this plate is not actually fully panchromatic? labeled " Barnet Soft Panchromatic" doesn't mention a safelight…" open in absolute darkness…
    greg

* just about the same color as an amber safelight.

ps, the plates are good, I've gotten images from the other plates in the box.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Panchromatic generally means different things from different manufacturers (in terms of wavelength-sensitivity), but unless you somehow managed to get an emulsion that has absolutely 0 orange-seneitivity, Occam suggests it was probably the shutter...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You are probably right. Fingers crossed this second plate will be all right, I hate to waste a plate like this. Putting it in the soup now.
    gw

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yep, cable release. 2nd Plate is fine.
    thanx
    g

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd love to see what you came up with, from 65 year old plates.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd like to see too. I have some Flavirid plates of about that age, and I've had some results that scanned pretty well but haven't yet had one I could print conventionally.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The opposite situation for me. I can't scan them. Don't have a good scanner. Printing tho works. There some base fog but it is even and I can print past it. I'll post something next week. Mine have a really thick anti halation backing that I have to scrub off with hot water. It does make it easy to load tho, you can feel it easily.
    g

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin