Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,551   Posts: 1,573,100   Online: 759

Shooter
    Medium Format

fitting rollfim back for Zeiss Ikon Ideal?

Hi,
    i want do do mote work with 9x12 folders, bur for price and convenience reasons with my Rollex patent Roll Film back.
    This fits on normal LF cameras from the Zeiss Ikon group (slide-in system) as my Ernemann Heag IV.

The Ikon ideal would be great because of its Scheimpflug possibilities, but i read it has another back fitting system.

Does anyone know if the Rollex Patent fits the Ideal?

The alternative would be the Maximar, but I think it has no Scheimpflug...

thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think a slide in style 9x12 rollback will work with an Ideal. I don't have a 9x12 slide in back to test this, but I do have 9x12 Rada rollbacks for Zeiss Ideal and Perka cameras, also a 6x9 slide in Rada rollback.

I should point out, I've not seen a Rollex rollback, but my best guess is that it wouldn't work, unless you were fortunate enough to find one made specifically for an Ideal. The simplest way of getting a rollback that fits an Ideal is to buy one with the camera. I think I remember reading a few posts from people who bought rollbacks only to find that they didn't fit their particular camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's definitely a Rollex back to fit the Ideal, you'd need to match the plate holder edge style though. I have at least 6 Rollex backs all of slightly different 9x12 fit, plus 3 Rada ( later taken over by Linhof).

I have some data on the Zeiss plate holder edges/fit somewhere I'll try and find it this evening.

9x12 cameras and accessories like roll film backs are easy to find if your patient but you're in the best country to find them I always search ebay.de

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just realised I'm using an Ernemann Heag focus frame/back on a Rodenstock camera and it's similar edge fit to the late Zeiss 9x12 plate holders that should fit the Ideal. so there's a good chance your Rollex back might also fit an ideal.

This link should be useful, remember that Rollex made a similar range.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin