Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,242   Online: 914

Shooter
    Multi Format

Plate backs converted to spring backs for sheet film

I'm not (yet) a collodion photographer, but I thought this might interest the group:

I was at the yearly Bievres Photo Fair —just outside of Paris— on Sunday and I stumbled onto the stand of a certain Mr. Pep Mayugo, a woodworker and alternative-processes photographer from Barcelona (who speaks perfect English.. I photo'd his business card along with one of the attached photos of his products). He was offering some great looking hand-made sheet film holders, contact printing frames, plate drying racks, frames especially made for ambrotypes, small storage chest/boxes for plates ... But the most interesting (for me!) was his adapter backs, allowing you to use sheet film in plate cameras.

Disclaimer: I have no connection to Pep ... but I'll probably be a customer soon!

Best,

Christopher
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1140189.jpg   P1140190.jpg   P1140191.jpg   P1140194.jpg   P1140199.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, beautiful stuff.

Do you remember how much he was charging for the film holders?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Found Pep's web site: http://www.fotoinvents.com/

10x8 holders are around €360 each Not cheap, but for hand made gear, not too bad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    *that long drawn out whistling noise*

I'll grant that they look very sound and seriously, the more I look, damn gorgeous! http://www.fotoinvents.com/wp-conten...teholder_4.jpg
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin