Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,423   Posts: 1,596,720   Online: 862

Shooter
    Multi Format

Current availability / UK price of Ilford HP5 9x12cm?

Can anyone confirm the current availability and price of Ilford 9x12 sheet film? I emailed Silverprint about it a few weeks ago and didn't get a reply, which was unusual. I'd call them to check but I'm overseas. I'm curious because I've just seen some outdated HP5 on ebay listed with a buy it now price of $78.60 for 25 sheets which seems crazy (unless that format has become much harder to get from Ilford suddenly, hope not).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Isn't 9x12 from Harman's yearly special-order run?
    I don't think it's a stock size.

Silverprint might have had a few boxes left from someone who didn't collect their order last time round maybe. they can be a bit hit and miss replying to emails, you could try again

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just checked the August 2014 product availability pdf from Ilford, Delta 100 and HP5 9x12 "usually in stock", FP4 9x12 "stock". That tallies with my experience a couple of years ago, Silverprint didn't have 9x12 and 13x18 in stock but were able to get some within a couple of days.

Thanks for the info about Silverprint being hit and miss with email, I'll try again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    oh that's interesting. I just went by what you can buy from HarmanExpress, which is probably not as reliable as the pdf which I didn't know about 'til your post.

Perhaps Simon Galley will see this post and reply - or you could PM him?

I've sent emails to Silverprint to which I have never had a reply, and others to which they've replied within minutes!

Shooter
    35mm
    Ag Photographic lists HP5+ in 9x12 as usual item, 25 sheets for £37.90: http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/hp5-400asa-20-c.asp
    They have a separate section for ULF items.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1 MD, 2x OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, that's exactly the information I wanted. £37.90 for 25 sheets is a bit depressing.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin