Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,270   Posts: 1,660,709   Online: 1078

Shooter
    Multi Format

Zeiss Ica Trona 210 9X12

Hi to all Apug guys!

I've just bough this one: Zeiss Ikon ICA trona 210 9x12 + Tessar 1:4,5 F = 13,5cm Carl Zeiss Jena

I didn't find an user manual on the net..... Anyone can help please?

I have to buy the sheet holders too and guess which (of the many) type I see on Ebay will fit in.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zeiss Ikon Ica trona 210.JPG  
    All Manual Focus Cameras

35mm:
    ​Leica R-E - Nikkormat Ftn - Kiev 4 - Ricoh 500 G - Minox 35 GT - Lomo Voskod

MF:
    Mamiya RB 67 Pro S - Rolleiflex Planar 3,5F - Zeiss Ikon Ikonta 521/2 (6x9), Super Ikonta 532/16 (6X6), 2 x Nettar 515 (6x4,5) - Rheinmetall Weltax (6X6) - Agfa Isolette III - Moskva 5 - Lubitel 166U - Agfa Synchro Box

LF: ​Zeiss ICA Trona 210 (9X12) - Gomz Fotokor 1 (9X12)

My Film Blog: The Film Renaissance

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i use old roll film holders for theses cameras, its easier. Disadavntage, with these 9x12 Cameras you get a crop 6x9 picture on film.

I can recommend the Rollex Patent, be careful, they are availible for 6x9 or 9x12 Cameras, both certainly with 6x9 picture size because of the film size.

I just supered a similar camera, the "first sonnar". It is a Contessa Nettel Sonnar 9x12 with Compur, 1925. The lens is a 4.5/135 Sonnar-Anastigmat, which is a relabeled Schneider Xenar, also a tessar type very similar to yours...

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenziFriend View Post
    i use old roll film holders for theses cameras, its easier. Disadavntage, with these 9x12 Cameras you get a crop 6x9 picture on film.

I can recommend the Rollex Patent, be careful, they are availible for 6x9 or 9x12 Cameras, both certainly with 6x9 picture size because of the film size.

I just supered a similar camera, the "first sonnar". It is a Contessa Nettel Sonnar 9x12 with Compur, 1925. The lens is a 4.5/135 Sonnar-Anastigmat, which is a relabeled Schneider Xenar, also a tessar type very similar to yours...

Thanks for the info.... I'll check for a roll film holder if I won't find single sheet holders.
    Btw, I'd like to use the camera with single sheets 'cause the lens can be shifted up or sideway to correct perspective. Apart for possible individual sheet development accordingly to Z.S.
    All Manual Focus Cameras

35mm:

MF:
    Mamiya RB 67 Pro S - Rolleiflex Planar 3,5F - Zeiss Ikon Ikonta 521/2 (6x9), Super Ikonta 532/16 (6X6), 2 x Nettar 515 (6x4,5) - Rheinmetall Weltax (6X6) - Agfa Isolette III - Moskva 5 - Lubitel 166U - Agfa Synchro Box

Shooter
    Multi Format
    According to the 1922 catalogue (page 24) here:

https://sites.google.com/site/fromth...toinfinity/ica

a 9x12 Trona needs ICA 721/6 holders. Some are available on ebay now, as it happens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by apkujeong View Post
    According to the 1922 catalogue (page 24) here:

https://sites.google.com/site/fromth...toinfinity/ica

a 9x12 Trona needs ICA 721/6 holders. Some are available on ebay now, as it happens.
    Thank you very much for these info. I was a little bit confused with contaddictory infos I read around about different versions of Trona 210. So, I'll check Ebay for 721/6 now

Regards!
    All Manual Focus Cameras

35mm:

MF:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Contradictory information? Different versions? Hmm...please be careful what you buy in that case. The 1925 ICA catalogue also shows 721/6. I'd be surprised if Zeiss altered the camera after the merger, but maybe someone else can confirm before you buy holders?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Contradictory information? Different versions? Hmm...please be careful what you buy in that case. The 1925 ICA catalogue also shows 721/6. I'd be surprised if Zeiss altered the camera after the merger, but maybe someone else can confirm before you buy holders?
    No problem... it's me that made confusion.....
    I've just bought 4 sheet holders 721/6 from the same seller of the camera......

Btw, can you give me some hints about using sheet holders for film sheets? I've read that these holders were made for glass plate emulsions. May I insert a sheet of film directly over the glass (if there's one) or, have I to remove glass, put some cardboard in it and then insert the film sheet?

I ask this because I bought a soviet 9 X 12 Fotokor 1 too. This has some sheet holders with glass inside.

Thanks!
    Last edited by DcAnalogue; 05-19-2015 at 05:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    All Manual Focus Cameras

35mm:

MF:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, it's possible to load sheet film pressed against glass plates, I've done that with a 10x15 plate camera. The glass plate will hold the sheet film in place. An alternative is to buy some 9x12 sheet film holders, also sometimes called septums. Probably the cheapest way to buy those would be to buy cheap batches of 9x12 holders (try ebay.de) when they come available, you'll probably find some 9x12 film sheaths sold with the holders. Loading against glass plates is cheaper though.

Finding the correct rollback can be difficult, they are generally a bit expensive too. Rada made rollbacks in a range of styles to match various cameras, the easiest way to make sure you are getting what you need is to buy the rollback complete with camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, it's possible to load sheet film pressed against glass plates, I've done that with a 10x15 plate camera. The glass plate will hold the sheet film in place. .

Finding the correct rollback can be difficult, they are generally a bit expensive too. Rada made rollbacks in a range of styles to match various cameras, the easiest way to make sure you are getting what you need is to buy the rollback complete with camera.
    Thanks again for your help!
    I think will try first pressing against glass plates and control if the volet doesn't scratch the film.... Othervise I'll search for the "septums".
    If sheet holders works I don't think will need a rollback. I plan to use it as a real LF camera.....

Regards!
    All Manual Focus Cameras

35mm:

MF:

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin