Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,517   Online: 1129

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    But can you fit a digital back on it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wfwhitaker
    Not bad for a guy who just quit his job!
    All reason goes out the window when Gear Acquisition Syndrome kicks in..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    GAS?

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    I thought I would not only show off my new plate camera but also decided to create a new forum for these types of cameras as well. I eyed this camera on ebay for a week and was up till midnight waiting to pounce on the final bid (thanks to Jeremy for the tip off!). It is a Thornton Pickard Imperial Triple Extension Half Plate. I did not think I would get it so was ready for dissapointment but won out in the last 3 seconds. I am not a huge collector of cameras but do have a few on proud display around the house. This was a double win for me since the camera is a 100yr old pristine and beautiful collectible but it's also 100% usable and ready for work. I plan to do mostly half plate ambrotype portraits with this cam, and use my 8x10 for typical field work. The cam is being shipped to the US and I'll pick it up there before I head to the conference.
    Do you have a tripod for the camera. The Thornton Pickhard has a round hole that fits over a tripod mount. If you don't have a tripod for it you will have to rig up some type of adaptor to allow you to use it with modern tripod heads.

I have one of these cameras and the tripod problem, plus the fact that I don't have any holders, has relegated it to a display piece. But it is certainly a very elegant design, and very light considering the big bellows draw.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    Do you have a tripod for the camera. The Thornton Pickhard has a round hole that fits over a tripod mount. If you don't have a tripod for it you will have to rig up some type of adaptor to allow you to use it with modern tripod heads.

I have one of these cameras and the tripod problem, plus the fact that I don't have any holders, has relegated it to a display piece. But it is certainly a very elegant design, and very light considering the big bellows draw.

Sandy
    Hi Sandy,

A NZ member sent me a link to one of these tripods on the NZ auction site (NZ's version of ebay), it closes tomorrow and has met reserve at $25.00 so fingers crossed!

I bid that camera up quite a way but I was really lusting after a Zeiss Tropica
    so abandoned the idea.
    I'm really glad you got it, it's the nicest TP I've seen on sale and great format too. Hope you'll let us see it in Toronto
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Cant wait to see your plates sean!!
    thanx for the new forum area too.

-andrew
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Member of the Contact Printers Guild[/FONT]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin