Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,466   Online: 1074

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Monster plate camera on ebay..

yes, that is an 11x14 on it's back for scale!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Watson-Wet-Plate...QQcmdZViewItem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    An old photo store in Hoboken,NJ had a very similar camera in the window for years, before they went out of business in 2000. Unfortunately, I was not into "big" cameras at the time. I had always assumed it was some sort of process camera. The store was only open during business hours so I was never able to go in and ask the owner about it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Now, THAT is a camera. Been watching that one myself. (I will not bid, I will not bid, I will not bid...)
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, drat. It's only a 20x20. Now, if it had been a 20x24, I might have been interested.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That 11x14 somehow reminds me of the Space Shuttle... ;P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ran across that one myself--seems smieglitz and I (among many others) view the same ebay area--big ole' cameras and vintage glass--I have (appears to be anyway!) the same big ole' as in HUGE Lerebours et Secretan (I have several LeS 8 inchers but only one big un') myself and I was curious as to its coverage as I know it easily covers the GG on my 11x14 with all kinds of movement. That is one impressive camera and one impressive petzval mounted on it!! Makes that 11x14 look like a pocket folder doesn't it ?
    Joseph Burke

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin