Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,581   Posts: 1,545,765   Online: 1057

Shooter
    Medium Format

Where can I get...

Would anyone know where I can get hold of (several) plate holders for a Contessa Nettel 'Altura', along with a ground glass focusing screen.

I have just aquired this wonderful camera. It is in a bit of a poor state, but it can easily restored to its former glory. I think it dates from c1920.

I just need some plate holders and a focusing screen.

Any info would be most welcome.

Marcus

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    For ground glass Satin Snow.

http://www.satinsnowglass.com/

For the plates I am not sure. Do a search on here for glass plates as I think it was brought up before.

Not sure if this link will help but maybe a start;
    http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...t=glass+plates

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They look like the same 9x12 holders my Voigtlander Avus uses. More importantly, that means they are the same size as the old Soviet Fotokor. I was able to order mine from a Ukranian dealer I had done business with on eBay. He didn't have any listed (I think the possibility that someone would be looking for plate holders was a surprise), but was able to find some. They needed cleaning, but were cheap.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for replying both of you. Much appreciated. Marcus

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin